Sunday, August 31, 2008

26!

Happy Birthday Justin!!

Justin is officially 26 now. We had an awesome day full of surprises!


We started off early with breakfast which included one of Justin's most favorite things in the whole world which I refuse to buy or ever cook because I don't like it or even the smell of it.....bacon. He was happy to say the least. :) And if you were wondering, I have been having a little fun with our pancakes lately. They J is obviously for Justin and if you can't tell the other one is a birthday candle. I know, I'm silly.

Then we moved on to our new family tradition....the Birthday Bucket! I completely copied this idea from my good friend Kara (she always has the best ideas!). It was filled with a few of Justin's favorite things. I am excited to keep this tradition going. Thanks Kara!


Justin had originally told me that he didn't want to do anything big for his birthday but after talking to one of my friends we decided that was boring. So we had some friends over for three delicious kinds of cheesecake (thanks Taylor!) and for a little surprise...
In Relief Society we had a service auction where we all offer some sort of service and other sisters in the ward can buy them with their points that they earned. Well, I bought a singing telegram from Kristy Rogers and she came during the birthday party. It was pretty hilarious and Justin was pretty embarrassed! It was great. Jack did not seem to think she was very funny at all. He cried the whole time she was there! Maybe the make-up was a little much for him, I don't know. The second she walked out the door he was fine. Poor Jack! Oh, and the lips on Justin's forehead are from her! Thanks again Kristy!! You were great!



They boys making sure she's really gone! :) Jackson was saying, "Where the cown go?"

After all of the festivities, we had a relaxing evening talking with family and hanging out. I think it ended up being a great day...hopefully Justin thought so too!

Happy birthday Justin!


I have a video of the singing telegram, but I couldn't get it to work, so I will have to post it later...check back soon!

11 comments:

Karlee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN! I LOVE the birthday bucket...I think I might steal that from you and take that tradition on!

Ashley Robinson said...

Happy Birthday Justin!! Poor little Jack looked terrified! I guess you'll know not to have a clown at his next b-day party!!

Jessica said...

Clowns are so scary!!! Happy B-day, Grandpa!

Denisse said...

It looks like Justin had a great birthday!!!! We did remember and thought of you Justin and how great you are!!!!!:) Jack's face is totally priceless in that picture with the clown!!!!! Poor little thing!!!! The birthday bucket is such a great idea! I love it!!!!!!! I might have to steal it too!!!!!!:) We miss you guys and wish we could have been there to wish Justin a happy birthday in person!!!!! 26!!! man you're getting old Justin!!!! j/k I'm definitely closer to 30 than you are!!!!:)

Amber Hemsley said...

I think that Jon would of killed me if I did that to him. That is so funny that Jack was scared of the clown. We arrived here in Cleveland Sunday night. I would love to see you guys if you have time. We will be here until Thursday morning. Give me a call if you get this before then. 832-768-8989

The Heaton's said...

happy birthday old man (i can say that because i am 4 months behind you). the clown is super funny, i love the shoes! poor little jack, he looks super confused and scared. i cute birthday bucket, that will be a new fun family tradtion.

Nat said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like such a fun day! And I just love your cute little family. The birthday bucket sounds like such a fun idea, and I LOVED the singing telegram. How funny!

- said...

that is awesome! I especially love the siging clown. If i could only find someone willing to do that! how cool. Happy Birthday Justin from the turners! take care guys!

Mary said...

Haha that picture of you guys and "the clown" is hilarious! Jack looks terrified! Happy Birthday Justin!

Angie Penrose said...

LOL! That is funny. Clowns are freaky! Did you ever see the movie IT? You would never like clowns if you did. I saw the bucket on Karas blog too. It's so cute! I'm totally stealing that one too. How fun! Hope it was a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day and just wished we could have been there to celebrate with you. Like everyone else has said...Jack was pretty upset about the clown and Justin looked like he was not too sure about her either. I really don't like clowns either. (The poor lady in your ward...hope she is not reading the blog comments!!!). She looked really cute in her costume though, and such a cute idea to do the singing telegram. Love you all.....MOM H.