Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Number 3

I want to wish my hubby a Happy Anniversary and say thank you for three awesome years!! Three years goes by so fast and yet we have done a lot together in such a short amount of time...

We met at BYU-Idaho in Rexburg, ID. Claire and I were at the gym and I saw the most "beautiful boy" walk in! We followed him around and by being "completely obvious" (or so Justin says) he eventually said hi and a while later he asked me out. 6 months later we were engaged and 4 1/2 months later we were married.
Our dating days...


Right after we got engaged (which was a complete surprise) and Justin was now poor for buying my ring...notice the empty wallet :)

Walking out of the temple

I remember Justin being really nervous up until the actual day that we were getting married. He was really calm. I on the other hand was completely calm until the actual day. I got so nervous when we were waiting to walk into the sealing room where everyone was waiting for us. My Grandpa Brownell performed the ceremony. We were about to get started and he asked me in front of everyone if I was ready and all I could say was "I don't know!" Everyone started laughing which kind of lightened the mood and allowed me to relax and I made it through the ceremony. It was beautiful. That day was beautiful. Gorgeous weather, although a little hot during the luncheon, and the most perfect night! I remember it being the perfect temperature. The only thing that wasn't perfect is that my shoes were so high, my feet felt like they were going to fall off by the end of the night! Other than that, I have nothing but good memories from that day. The decorations were beautiful, there was good food (that we didn't get to eat until we left), lots of good presents, and all the people we love.
Fun memories of that day

Our honeymoon in Mexico

Cleaning teeth in the D.R.


Since our wedding day, we have both graduated from BYU-I, me with an associates and Justin with a bachelors. We have traveled together to Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Seattle, Las Angeles, Las Vegas, different parts of Idaho and Utah, Cleveland and surrounding areas, New York City, Niagara Falls, Nauvoo, Illinois (2x), Palmyra, New York (2x). I have been to Chicago, IL, Milwaukee, WI, and Mesa, AZ and Justin just got back from Guatemala. Justin is now in his second year of dental school (it feels good not to be the first years anymore!). We've been poor since the day we got married, but somehow we make it through and we learn and grow from it. We definitely appreciate what we have! We haven't resorted to using our wedding napkins for toilet paper like Justin's mom and dad did when they were in chiropractic school, so I guess we are still doing okay! :) But the highlight of our three years was almost 15 months ago when we brought our baby Jack into our family! We never knew it would be so much fun to have a little guy running around and making a mess. We love his fun personality and his sweet little voice. Hopefully our future children will be as cute and sweet as Jack is. They have some big shoes to fill!
The night before my due date...I was enormous!! Not the best picture of me...hee hee! The sad thing is, I went almost a whole week AFTER this picture was taken before I had Jack.


Blessing Day

Thank you Justin for being such a great husband and an awesome daddy!
I love you!
Here is to another great year together!

24 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

I love that! Thanks for sharing your three years with all of us! :)

Holly said...

I can't believe how little you look the day you got engaged! Weird! That was really fun to read.

Anonymous said...

what an awesome post. It made me cry (imagine that!!!) You are the cutest family and have so many wonderful blessings ahead of you all. I am so glad you are in your second year also Justin, and we know you will be doing as good or better than last year. It is good to be in a routine again. Since you guys had a wild crazy summer, I bet is is really nice to be back to normal (whatever normal is). Thanks for the memories of the past 3 years and we are so happy to have been a part of some of it. I hope you got dad's text on Monday night. We love you guys and hope you had a very Happy Anniversary. Love you, MOM H

Hurst Family said...

Oh, you two crazy kids. We sure are glad that we have got to meet such great folks. You two are made for each other. Happy Anniversary ya poops. :)

Cheryl Meibos said...

Congratulations Stacey! You guys are so cute. Thanks for sharing with us!

britt said...

congrats guys!! so fun! isn't it weird how time seems to go buy so fast? And you can't even imagine life w/o jack, I know it's hard to even remember how life was w/o evie, I know it existed, but it's weird!

Thomas family said...

That is such a great post, thanks for sharing. Happy Anniversary. You have a adorable family. Love, Larissa

Jessica said...

Oh, your stalking days... what fond memories! You two are absolutely adorable together! It's so hard to believe that was 3 years ago. Where does the time go? Well, I guess you'll be back in Idaho before I know it (right?!) I'll answer that one for you, "Of course!" We can't wait to see your cute little family again!

Nat Heaton said...

I just had to say that you two are a stunning couple...I think that every time I read your blog! Happy 3rd!

Karlee said...

What a GOOD post! Honestly it made me tear up a little! Ya'll are SOO cute and I just LOVE the picture when you got engaged. Justin's face looks like he's soo upset and you're just sparkling! HA! Congrats on year #3!

Kelly Munns said...

wow...i'm a little surprised it's only three years. it seems like forever ago and i didn't even know you right at first! for heaven's sake you visit taught me like three years ago. what the heck? are you sure your math is right? ok and if it is then i must've met you the day you got to stonebrook because i swear that was more than three years ago!

well congratulations. it was a really great post. you guys are so sweet and precious and i'm so glad to have known you.

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

So sweet, Stacey! You two are lucky to have each other and Jack is lucky to have you as parents. You are such a great example and we just feel blessed to know you!

Sherwoods said...

Great post! you have certainly had so many great experiences in the last 3 years. I'm glad you talked about your engagement, the look on your face was priceless. I would have been shocked too with 20 car head lights in my face! I think I spilled the beans once, but you never caught on!

Still remember going to the gym with you and trying to figure out a way for you to somehow talk to Justin, luckily he was feeling the vibe and came to you!

Love you guys, Happy Anniversary!

Dane and Natalie said...

So great to read this post! I love all the pictures. Too bad you had to spend your night at a softball game. Hopefully you will get a real date later!

Denisse said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!!! You are so perfect for each other!!! I still remember when Justin told us about this "really cute girl" he met at the gym...I'm so glad we were able to come share your sealing in the temple!!! I still remember laughing in the sealing room at what Stacey said...I also remember I was barely pregnant with Brielle and I felt so sick during the flight from California to Seattle!!! We are happy to have shared so many happy memories with you guys!!! I got a little teary eyed reading this post!!! Both of you are great and Jack is just such a cutie! We sure love all three of you! (It was so cool to see the pics of your dating days, both of you look soooo young!!!!)

Anonymous said...

Still snickering, Justin.

Blake and Rhonda said...

How exciting! It is amazing how much can change in 3 years! Sounds like things are going great for your cute little family.

Janae said...

LOVE your wedding dress! You are too cute. Yes things are good here and it is nice to get an actual paycheck...though it is pretty small ;) Living below the poverty level is like second nature to me now...since I have been doing it for almost 10 years!

Rachel said...

What cute pics! You forgot to mention that you spent your anniversary at a very romantic ward softball game:)

brittanyandtravis said...

Congratulations guys! Justin, you have such a cute family!

Lindsay said...

I love seeing your family progress! It seems like you guys are doing good. How's Justin's school going...and how about you?

The Heaton's said...

happy 3 years!it really seems longer than 3 years though! it's amazing how much life can change in such a short period of time! happy anniversary, we love you guys!

stg said...

So fun. I love all the pictures and you guys are such a cute family. Did you guys meet in the gym? That's where Sterling and I met too. It's the place to be when your single and hoping to meet someone-ha! Anyway, i hope we can all get together in June and I'm definitely in and it sounds like you are too. We just have to convince old Whitney, maybe even kidnap her if needs be. Oh and I love the song "Lucky" on your blog. I liked it so much I played it for Sterling last night. He thought it was a hit too! Thanks to people like you I can stay clued in (a little) to what's new in the music world.

Take care and by the way, I've already thought about what I might bring for the gift exchange. I totally have to redeem myself from the last one, Ha, Ha!

Chris

Nat said...

Congratulations! Three years does indeed go by fast! You've done so many great things in three years. Way to go! You guys are so great.