Friday, May 23, 2008

No more ugly tile!!!


So I have never posted pictures of our kitchen because the tile in it is so UGLY!!! It is a lovely shade of pink with a few random brown tiles...oh, and on one side there are two that are yellow. I'm not sure what the people were thinking or if they were even thinking at all when they put this in. We are renting and our landlord has been extremely nice about us wanting to make a few improvements. So this has been on my list for a while...

Does it get much worse than that? I don't think so.

Disgusting...I know.

Well the time had finally come. We always get some more motivation to work on things around the house when we have people coming into town. My parents will be here tomorrow and we turned our nasty tile into something a little more pleasing to the eye!


The color looks a tiny bit different in real life, but you get the picture.

I can't even tell you how nice it is to look into our kitchen and see this! I love it! It feels so much more clean and I actually might WANT to be in there a little more, now that I don't have that sick pink stuff staring at me.

Not bad for a $30 makeover! Another successful design on a dime project! LOVE IT!

22 comments:

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

I love it! It looks so good Stacey. Did you just paint over the pink tiles? It really looks so good. I am very impressed. I think you should write a book about decorating on a budget, you are so good at it!

Brittany Mecham said...

looks awesome, i love it! good job, i know it was a pain!

Ashley Robinson said...

That looks WAY better!! Have fun with your parents there! Hope everything is going good for you!

Lane family said...

It looks SO GOOD! $30? Really? It's funny how certain things make such a big difference. We'll have to get in touch about the 15 haircuts we need, after your parents leave. :)

Janelle said...

It looks great! I love the whitish color now. At least you don't have tiled countertops...talk about a pain in the butt!

Sherwoods said...

Good Job you guys! Way to go. It looks great. I'm glad you'll be more excited to go in there now!

Cassie said...

K Stacey I want you to come to my apt. and help me decorate my home!! You are soo talented and should really do interior decorating. When Justin is a dentist someday, your house will be really unbelieveable I am sure when you can spend $!! I love all your decorating ideas!!! So cute!

Trevor and Jamie said...

I'm so jealous! I want your decorating abilities! It looks really good! You need to come and help me!

The Heaton's said...

that looks fantastic! it's amazing what a little paint can do; it looks like a whole new kitchen. i am sure your landlords just love all the makeovers you are doing for them! great job guys, you are wonderful little decorators.

Holly said...

That looks way better! I thought you were going to say you tiled the whole thing. That's more effort than we want to put into our rental! I'm always wanting to do stuff then I remember we're going to move out - so I don't!

Marilyn said...

Awesome, that looks so nice. Did you use tile paint? I saw some at Home Depot and wondered if it really works. It looks really nice, like it is brand new. Did you guys paint the kitchen walls a while back when you painted the rest of your house? Good job!

Angie Penrose said...

oh man...that looks so much better! I think I need to see it in real life. :)

montanawildflower said...

Wahoo!!!! The pink and brown is gone!!! It looks fantastic. Nice job.

Denisse said...

Wow! That looks soooo good!!!! What a big difference!!!!!! We'll be there to see it in about two months!!! Can you believe it?

Anonymous said...

you guys are getting too good at this decoraing thing. It looks like brand new tile. Can't wait to see it in person. It sure gave the whole kitchen a brighter, cleaner look. good job!!! love you guys, MOM H.

sara said...

Wow-what a difference. That looks so good. Although, I was beginning to grow kind of fond of the pink and brown tile. :)

Jessica said...

When are you starting your home decorating show? You did great! I do have one request, more pics of Jack! :)

Nat said...

I am so impressed! Nice job. The tile looks fantastic. And it really does make it feel more clean to have new, remodeled things. How fun!

Tatem Marchant said...

What kind of paint did you use to do that? They look like brand new tiles. I would have never thought you could paint tiles.

Amber Hemsley said...

Looks good! I grew up in a home where we were always remodeling, I loved it, maybe that is why I became a Drafter? I wish we had a place that we could do fun projects like that.

TerriLyn said...

Way to go. It look awesome in there. You are too cute.

TerriLyn said...

Way to go. It look awesome in there. You are too cute.