Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Making Progress

So far, Jack has wanted nothing to do with any kind of food that has more texture than just plain baby food. At first, I would put something on his tongue and it would just sit there. He refused to even close his mouth if he had something in it. Eventually it would make it's way to the back of his mouth until he gagged on it! Now if I give him something he will make a face of utter disgust, but at least he will chew on it and somewhere around five minutes later, it will eventually be swallowed.

This is when I gave him a piece of bread.

11 comments:

Janelle said...

He almost looked happy about it there at the end. What a cute grin he has!

Jessica said...

He's growing up so fast, does he have teeth yet?

Anonymous said...

what a face. It makes me shudder when he does. He will get used to is soon. So cute. Love that face. Love mom H.

montanawildflower said...

I love the top picture. His smile is so cute and contagious.

- said...

what a cutie! Our little girl took a while to eat baby food and then to move on to more textured food too. And shes still pretty picky unfortanatly. I love your blog- so cute take care- Emily & Brett Turner

Denisse said...

I want to go there right now and give him lots of kisses and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze him!!!!!! I LOVE his little personality!!! Can I say again that I want to squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze this little man! He is tooo stinckin' cute! I Loooooooooove that face of him eating the bread! That is hilarious!...my kids are being really quiet...I bet they are being naughty!!! I better go check on them!!! Love you guys!!!!!!!! And tell Jack that I LOOOOOOVE him!!!

Marshall and Dana said...

HI,
I found you off of Teshas who found me. And I am so glad she did because I was able to find lots of Beauty school girls. How are you and how is Ohio? We are in Omaha at Creighton Dental school in our last year yea! It goes by so fast and we have had a blast Im sure you guys are in Cleveland too. We have some friends there. Well I would love to keep in touch and we should do a little beauty school reunion sometime. Talk to you later.

Angie Penrose said...

That video is so cute! Hopefully soon I will get to give him a big squeeze. Make sure you tell him how much his auntie loves him. :)

The Heaton's said...

i love the little face he made in the video at first. babies boys are just too much fun.

ps-i love the little black picture frame decoration you have on the floor;)

Kelly Munns said...

oh man, that face is worth a thousand words! i had to watch it a few times to satisfy myself. i actually think it's America's Funniest Home Videos material!

Jessica said...

Stace,
I was just looking through some people's blogs that I went to high school with and I came acroos Shane (& Holly) Mitchell. Apparently you know them, how? Shane was a year older than me and his sister Kelli is a year younger. Small world!