Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Remembering 2007

A lot of my friends and family have posted a recap of the year 2007. I think it is such a good idea and have decided to do it for our family since we have had quite the exciting year...

In the beginning of the year, we were still living in Rexburg, ID. Justin graduated from BYU-Idaho with his bachelors in biology and chemistry. Right after, we moved to Enumclaw, WA to live with my family for the summer.


I was pregnant with Jack and started out with such a cute little pregnant belly.
Unfortunately, I continued to grow, and grow, and grow!! I looked ridiculous by the end and was SO READY to have this baby. People asked me over and over if I was having twins and that just made matters worse!

On June 8, five days after my due date, Anthony Jack was born at 6:53pm in the Enumclaw Hospital. It was a long and painful labor but definitely worth it. He weighed 7lbs. 15 oz and was 20.5 inches long.
He is the best baby!! He has the cutest personality and smiles all the time. We are so glad that Heavenly Father trusts us to take care of him. We feel very blessed to have him in our family.


Justin gave Jack his blessing on July 8, exactly one month after he was born.


We traveled to Nauvoo, IL to see all of the church history sites with both mine and Justin's parents. We were also able to attend the temple. It is so beautiful inside. You can't help but feel the spirit of the pioneers while you are there. I love church history and I can't wait to go back!!
After Nauvoo, we officially arrived in CLEVELAND, OHIO!! For me, this was the first time I had ever been here. We weren't too sure what we were getting ourselves into but now we feel very lucky to be here. We have made many good friends and had some amazing experiences in Kirtland which is just 20 minutes down the road from us. We love it here and I know we will be sad to leave.

Justin started dental school at CASE Western Reserve University. He has a class of 84 people and about 40% are members of the church. He is doing well and studying hard. He also enlisted in the Air Force and will soon be commissioned. We are so proud of him and all that he has accomplished. He is a very hard worker and will make an excellent dentist soon!! I am so glad that he is willing to work so hard and go through so much schooling so that he can provide for our family and make sure that we are taken care of.



Jack had two new cousins born in 2007. Madison was born to Stephanie and Travis Hillman on October 2. Connor was born to Ryan and Stephanie Heaton on October 24. They are both so cute and so much fun! Jack can't wait until they get to play together again.



Overall it has been a great year for us full of excitement and many, many blessings.

17 comments:

Angie Penrose said...

Are you impressed? I'm at the top of the list again! :) I think 2007 was a good year for all of us. So glad we were able to share some of it with you guys. Miss you.

Jessica said...

Your blog is so stinkin' cute! And you have the cutest little family! Keep up the good work!

Cassie said...

wow you definitely had a busy year!! I was noticing how tan you look when you were ready to have Jack!! I am so glad we got to come to the hospital to see you both and to his blessing, what a special time!! Our baby will be Jacks age at this time next year, every time you put pics up of him I think about that, its crazy!!

Holly said...

That was a fun read and cute pictures!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

What a year Stacey! I can't believe all that has happened. It is so fun to watch you and Justin become parents. I am soooo glad that you have been through it so you can help me! It was fun to look at those baby pictures of Jack. Isn't it crazy how fast he has grown up!

Sherwoods said...

What a year! So many changes! And so many more memories to come.

Whitney said...

Cute cute pictures! So much happened in 2007...it's crazy when you think about it!!! Cute new header! Love it! You will have to check out mine!!!

Denisse said...

Stace! I love all the pictures...Isn't it amazing how much can happen in just one year? We are so blessed! Look at you and your little Jack, he's soo cute and healthy and Justin is in dental school on his way to becoming one!!! You look great and you are a great wife and mommy!!!! We love you!!!!!...I can't believe Braden is walking already!!!! My babies are not babies anymore!!!:(

Ashley Robinson said...

Wow, you really did have a great year! sounds stressful but great! You have the cutest family ever!!

The Heaton's said...

it's so fun to see how fast life can change! you guys have had quite the year. isn't it nice to know the gospel is there and stable to make these transitions easier.

The Heaton's said...

p.s. cute blog makeover

Rachel said...

Stacey, I found your blog through Ashley Lake's and it is so cute! I love the recap of the year. Your pregnancy pictures are so cute! What a fun year! I am still LOVING my hair by the way! Thanks again

Kelly Munns said...

i agree with everyone else..the recap is a great idea. i may steal it!

ashley said...

K how cute is the pic of Jack waiting for daddy to come home!! Love the pregnant pics you were darling! Thanks for the P.M. I will catch up with you at church!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karlee said...

I LOVE the recap post! I might have to steal that too! I totally know where you're coming from on the HUGE belly thing! SOO many times people would come up to me at 7 months and ask if I was about to pop any day! Then when I told them NO I still have 2 months left they would ask if I was having TWINS! I'd get SOO frustrated! Those people really don't know the right thing to say to a pregnant woman! Kent would say I was just carrying all upfront and that's why they'd say that but I didn't care it still made me mad! I was SOO ready to get him OUT!

Daija said...

Stace, I wanted to share this with you, and maybe Karlee will appreciate it, too. :)

http://lifewithethan.blogspot.com/2007/12/belly.html

This is a friend of ours, and this picture does not do her belly justice. She is just a little bit taller than me and she has REALLY BIG babies. This post is from her second child (she only had one) and she said she was even bigger with the first one.