Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Kyoto Imperial Palace

 The day we flew back to Okinawa, we snuck in one last tourist site. We rode the bus over to the Kyoto Imperial Palace. It is the former ruling palace of the emperor of Japan. The emperors moved to the Tokyo Imperial Palace in 1869, and the preservation of the Kyoto Imperial Palace was ordered in 1877. Now, it's open to the public for tours. 




















 Afterwards, we hopped on a train to Osaka to catch our plane back to Oki. The boys ate nasty hot dogs, while Taylor and I snuck in a quick nap. I have to say, for all the traveling we did, the boys did extremely well. Even Taylor. It's a little nerve racking taking three small kids through a foreign country where you don't speak the language and can't read any of the signs. We flew on airplanes, rode buses, trains and took taxis with drivers who only speak Japanese. It can get a little stressful at times, but we held up pretty well. It was an adventure for sure, and one that I will never forget. I guess the whole 2 years in Japan was an adventure, but this was the most traveling we had done with the kids since being there. 

I hope they remember their time in Japan!

No comments: