Wednesday, October 16, 2013

8 years


Back in August, the 19th to be exact, we celebrated our 8 year anniversary. 8 years with this guy has FLOWN by! It's been 9 years since we met and I can hardly remember my life without him. We had no idea when we got married where our life would take us. 
We've lived in the most random places imaginable...Cleveland, OH, Biloxi, MS, and Okinawa, Japan. When we found out we were moving to Ohio, we kept telling ourselves...we can do this. 4 years, and then we will be back in the West, close to our families. Well, then we joined the Air Force, which never in a million years did we think that would happen. So then we moved to Mississippi. Ok, we thought, one more year far away and then hopefully we can be at a military base in the West for our 3 year pay back. Then somehow (I'm still trying to figure out how) we ended up putting all foreign bases for our top five of our ranking list and we ended up in OKINAWA! Every time I see where we are on a map, it throws me for a loop. We are on such a tiny island in the middle of no where! It has been a crazy ride, that's for sure. But we have grown closer together and have enjoyed each place that we've been in. I could not have done it without Justin. He is much more adventurous that I am.
We have two beautiful boys who are loud and active and a little crazy at times, but we would not trade them for the world. We tried to add to the craziness with a third child for a couple of years, but for some reason Heavenly Father needed us to wait until we were 5,700 miles away from the nearest family member before we could do it. Go figure! 5 more weeks and we will get to see this little boy that we have waited so long for.
Justin and I both feel like being on our own and living so far away from family has made us each other's best friends. We really would rather be with each other than with anyone else. We completely rely on one another for so many things and it has been fun to see our relationship change the longer we are married. I can't wait to see what our relationship is like 30 years from now!

1 comment:

Kara said...

You're lucky to have each other - love you both! Good luck in the next 5 weeks, is your mom coming out to help?