Sunday, October 20, 2013

#31

 We celebrated Justin's golden birthday, (turned 31 on the 31st), up North at Okuma with some friends. He's so lucky because his birthday usually falls on Labor Day weekend or close to it, so we are usually doing something fun for the holiday and we add his birthday into the excitement. 
 Justin and Anderson even managed to squeeze in a little R&R while we were there.
(For some reason, I can only find pictures on my phone from this weekend. I know I had my nice camera up there, but can't find the pictures! So excuse the poor quality.)




 We kept with tradition and brought up the Birthday bucket, presents and sang to the man of the hour. He requested blueberry cobbler for dessert and it was very yummy.
He looks mighty handsome for being in his thirties. :) 31 wasn't nearly as traumatizing for him as 30 was. I guess he is getting used to the thought of being older and wiser!

 There were lots of little boys to sing happy birthday to him.

 We played a couple of rounds of miniature golf and I totally beat Justin! I guess I could have let the birthday boy win, but where's the fun in that? I never beat Justin at anything, so this was quite an accomplishment for myself. The boys LOVED playing. They were running from hole to hole with a big smile on their face the whole time. Jack even got a hole in one more than once! It was way too hot the last time we were up there to play golf, so this made for a fun night for everyone.


 The next day we had promised the kids that we would do the go karts. It was just our two cars on the track, so we had fun racing back and forth. Both Jack and Anderson decided this was their favorite part of the whole weekend.

Justin is a good man. He's a great husband and an even better father. Not to mention extremely good looking! It's easy to get excited when you are celebrating someone as wonderful as he is.

1 comment:

idaho grandma said...

I can't believe my "baby" is 31!!! Where did the time go? Looks like you had a great day!!!