Monday, September 9, 2013

Thai in the Sky

 The Pinnau's invited us to go up to Thai in the Sky restaurant. It is quite a drive there, but the experience was totally worth it. Not to mention the view! I don't think that water can be any prettier than that. The whole time we were driving there, we were all in awe at the beautiful scenery that was around us. Sometimes I have a hard time being in Japan and feeling so far away from family and all things familiar, but it's days like this one that get me through it and help me enjoy our time here. 
 You can't tell from these pictures, but once again, we were all sweating to death!! Not sure we will ever get "used" to the humidity.
 Jaydon is Anderson's "first favorite friend". They are two peas in a pod. I don't even want to think about the Jenks leaving next summer. I don't know what Anderson will do without him! I'm already sad about it and they still have 10 months left. They are so cute together. They can't quite stay reverent in primary though and often get separated, which ends in tears from both boys. They keep us entertained, that's for sure. 

 This is the whole group that went. One thing about Okinawa that we love is all the wonderful people. We have made so many new friends, and love spending time with our old friends even more. Heavenly Father knew that I would need all the support I could get being so far away. It makes us feel like we have family here.

 Here is our yummy pad thai. Pad thai has become one of my favorite dishes!!

And don't forget the banana spiders. This sucker is huge!! Seriously, if it's legs were stretched out, it would be the size of my hand. These are everywhere. The kids are always looking up in the trees to see if we can spot one. They make a huge web too. Nasty!!

2 comments:

Denisse said...

I wish I could jump in that turquoise ocean water right now!!! It looks so beautiful! You guys have been in Japan a year already!!! 2 more to go! it's going by fast. I always love that you and Justin make the best of the situation you are in. So glad we have blogs and instagram so we can feel like we are closer! Love you guys!

idaho grandma said...

Looks like that is going to have to be another place we need to visit!! It is beautiful!!! I agree with Denisse, you guys always make the best of the situation you are in!! We know how much you miss the States and how much we all miss you......but what an amazing adventure for you all!!! Love you!!!