Monday, June 24, 2013

Girl's Camp 2013

 We had Girl's Camp for our district in April during our spring break. This was the first Girl's Camp that I have been to since I was in young women's myself. I LOVED camp when I was in young women's so I was excited to go again as a leader. We had it up north in the most beautiful spot! Our camp had it's own private beach which was way cooler than anything I had when I went to camp. When I went to camp we had what was known as leech lake. Sounds fun, right?



 I was in charge of the polar bear dip, which was a tradition we had when I was in young women's. I met the girls down at the beach at 7:30am and whoever ran and jumped all the way in the water for three mornings straight would earn a polar bear bead at the end of the week. I jumped in with them...once. That was about all I could handle. I'm a weenie. 




The district leaders did a synchronized swimming skit. After looking through my pictures, I realized this is the only one I have that I am actually in the picture. Oh well. I was 8 weeks pregnant here, and super nauseous. I took naps every day and tried to go to bed as early as I could without letting too many people know my secret.  Besides being sick, it was a good week. I came home completely exhausted and glad I had survived the week!

I have so many good memories of Girl's Camp and coming home feeling spiritually renewed. It was fun to hear the girls share their testimonies in the end. Even the girls who aren't members of our church who attended shared their experiences from the week and the good feelings that they had inside. It made for the perfect ending.

No comments: