Tuesday, March 27, 2012

More New Orleans

 We spent last weekend in New Orleans again. We started off with the insectarium. We saw lots of bugs.

 Jack was a little nervous that these huge worms and ants were real and were going to jump out at him. We reassured him that they were fake, but I'm not sure if he believed us.




 I loved these displays. The butterflies were my favorite.


 Jack was standing by the biggest butterfly, and if you look close by the writing, you can see the smallest butterfly.

Then we headed out to the streets of New Orleans. We has some time to kill so we walked around for a while. The weather was beautiful, and it was nice to be outside.

 The French Quarter.

 Then we headed to a park to run around before meeting up with Justin's cousin, Julianne. She is filming a movie here in New Orleans.

 We were able to go to the set and watch them film, which was so much fun. It was really cool to watch how they did it. Jack and Anderson sat in the director's chair watching the whole thing. We didn't stay too long because I was so afraid that Anderson was going to let out a scream or say something loud in the middle of them filming. So we left and went to Julianne's house that she is renting while she is here in New Orleans. 
 This is the room we stayed in. Isn't it awesome?! It's a really old house, and I loved all the character it had. I loved the super dark wood floors and all the glass door knobs.

It was fun to see Julianne. Jack for some reason was really excited to see her and loved staying at her house.
 We went out to lunch and then walked over to a St. Patrick's Day parade. Anderson slept in the stroller while Jack collected more beads and random treasures. We had a great time.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh! The boys are so cute and getting so big! I'm pretty jealous that Jack has a tan... Hello, it's March! LOL!
I'll bet that was fun to see Julianne at work. She sure is pretty.

Sherwoods said...

Ok first- stop being so tan, you are making my unbelievably pasty self jealous. Second- how fun to be on a movie set! And hanging with the rich and famous. And third- I didn't really have a third, but it all looks like a blast!

Alex and Becca said...

Haha my comment is the same as the two above me! You all are so tan and it's MARCH!! I'm jealous of all the fun you guys are having! I want to visit!

Kellie said...

Y'all look awesome! And I can't believe how big Jack is! So crazy. It doesn't feel like that much time has gone by, but your kids have grown so much :)

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

What a fun trip! You boys are so lucky to be able to have all these fun adventures!