We have been anxiously awaiting the air show in Pensacola on the Navy base. Justin had the day off for Veteran's Day, and it made for the perfect family day. When we got to Pensacola, we saw a few airplanes making all these puffs of smoke in the sky. After they stretched out a little bit, we realized they were making letters. It was amazing how perfect the words were!
We saw the show with some of our dental friends. We have been extremely lucky to have met so many fun people since we have been here. We had instant friends from the residency and it has made our move here so easy.
Anderson, Jack and Lillie anxiously awaiting the show.
Oooooo.....
Aaaaawwwww.....
Earplugs. Check. Holding hands. Check.
The Blue Angels were AMAZING! Of course! And extremely loud. I am surprised at how well the kids did. They loved it. Jack kept saying all day, "This is the best day ever!!" "The Blue Angels are the coolest airplanes ever!" "This is the best air show ever!" He was hilarious. You would have thought it was Christmas day, he was so excited.
After the Blue Angels, we stuck around for the night show. It was crazy to see fireworks shooting off of the airplanes and helicopters.
At the end, they had a fireworks show that last at least a half hour. I should have timed it. It was really good, but we had been there all day though and I kept thinking, this has got to be the finally. No. Ok, this will be the finally. No. Wow, this is a really long fireworks show and it's not even the 4th of July! I was slightly tired of sitting on the ground and secretly wanted it to end, even though the kids were loving it.
It made it all worth it though when as soon as the fireworks were over, the announcer counted down, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....The Wall of Fire!!!
No joke. This was CRAZY!! I got this picture off their website. Justin and I agreed, that this was possibly the coolest thing we have ever seen. We were pretty far away, and we could feel a heat wave rush right past us. It was really loud, really big, and very cool. The boys have been talking about it ever since.




3 comments:
Holy smokes! That last picture is crazy! Glad you're having so much fun :)
That is awesome! How much fun!
Nice pictures! I'm definitely going to have to get them from you. It was too fun of a day!
Post a Comment