Justin participated in his first mini triathlon on the base. He decided about 3 days before that he was going to do it. So with basically no preparation in the swimming and biking department, he still thought it sounded fun. He did really good considering that it was his first one and besides running, has had no training for it at all.
After the swim, they started on the bikes. He borrowed a bike since we don't have any, and we decided that road bikes need to be purchased sometime in the near future. Now that Jack has a bike and loves riding it, all we need is a seat for Anderson and we could go on family bike rides.
After the bikes, he started on the run which was his best part of the whole triathlon. Justin is a good runner, and enjoys doing that as regular exercise. So naturally, this is where he saved on time.
I was really proud of him! He did great and finished strong, especially for deciding 3 days before to do it. I was impressed. Now if I could just learn how to swim better, I might be able to do one with him!

5 comments:
You could totally do the swim Stacey!!:) I'm getting so ency for thanksgiving. Tell Justin way to go... was it a sprint tri?
awesome! you could so do it! and when you do your first one you will be hooked! i love em! it stinks b/c here in okinawa all of the off-base tri's are on sundays. :(
Hooray Justin-- that is awesome!!!
yeah, for tri's! Awesome job Justin! You have to post the distances for a mini tri, I only know want a sprint tri is!
Way to go Justin. That is awesome!!
Post a Comment