A couple weekends ago we went to Pittsburgh with the Mortensen's to play at a hotel for the night and hit up IKEA the next morning. I was REALLY looking forward to going to IKEA to get a couple things for my bedroom. The weather said it was supposed to snow 2-4" so we decided to go anyways.
These two cuties watched movies and had fun jumping on the beds.

Jack was in heaven. He LOVES to jump on anything!


Eli and Anderson just being cute :)
We had so much fun playing games, laughing and eating yummy food. But after we got there it started to snow pretty hard. And it just kept snowing, and snowing, and snowing! We watched it snow all night and all morning. They ended up getting 20+ inches in Pittsburgh and said it was the 4th worst snow storm in Pittsburgh history.
This is the view from our hotel window...


The boys had to shovel our cars out the next morning but we were hopeful and made our way to IKEA. We thought it would be good to spend some time there and wait for the roads to get cleared. Well....we drove to IKEA and this is what we found...

A totally empty parking lot full of snow. They were closed because of the weather!! What?! If we made it, surely the employees could have made it there. Do they know that we drove 2 hours and paid for a hotel just so we could shop at their store?!? I was so upset!! I was really looking forward to it and did not want to make the drive back. After we found out it was closed we decided to just find somewhere to eat lunch and head back to Cleveland. We drove around...there was NO WHERE to eat. They were all CLOSED!! Everywhere! It was a ghost town. So, we headed back home and got stuck behind 4 snow plows blocking the whole freeway driving 15 miles and hour. Wow...this was turning out to be a great trip! Thanks for the invite Mortensen's! Ha Ha....no we really did have fun even though we didn't get to go to IKEA. The best part of the whole trip was this little trick that Scott taught Justin...
Betcha can't do this!
7 comments:
HA! I love it, the whole trip was awesome, when's the next one??!! That was so funny, what a funny experience. We were just reminicing and telling our parents about it.... we forgot to tell you guys that Scott got a speeding ticket on Friday before we left for Pitt.... it truly was a great weekend for us!
LOVE THE VIDEO!!
That's a crazy amount of snow! It sounds like you made the best of it though.
Justin is too funny! David would never do that, especially on camera! Ha! Ha!
I can't beleive all the snow you are getting over that way. It seems like we haven't gotten any snow. It's a good thing you two are experienced Idaho drivers, eh?!
I would have been so mad if all the stores were closed too!
What a bummer!! Blasted snow! Can't say I miss the snow up north. We had one snow storm this winter and it was just perfect! haha. Maybe you will just have to try again another time. Sad.
Oh man! All that snow was terrible wasn't it? It's sad and funny at the same time that you drove all the way there to go to IKEA and they were closed!!!:)
It looks like you guys made the best of it, though!:)
Hopefully you'll get to make it there some time again, or you'll just have to come here...there's one really close to us!!!:)
Miss you guys!
It's not that close Denisse...but you don't have to get a hotel. haha! You should come visit us. I can't believe you drove all that way and didn't make it. I think I would have cried. :) Can't wait to see the header!
Wow, that's amazing. I don't remember the last time things closed because of snow. I'm sorry it messed up your plans. What a great story though!
Post a Comment