
This past weekend we celebrated my 26th birthday along with Valentine's Day. We started the celebrating on Saturday. I went out to breakfast with some friends, and had a blast sitting and chatting about babies, our hubbies almost being in their 4th yr of dental school, Cleveland winters, and not wanting to make new friends after we all move away. Then I came home to find Justin mopping the kitchen floor and cleaning other areas of the house that were in need. I have a good husband. Then I left Justin home with the boys again so I could head to the gym. Then later, Justin and Jack left to run some errands and came back with a beautiful bouquet of roses and P.F. Chang's takeout. Did I mention that I have a good husband?? This is one of our favorite restaurants and it's nice to eat it at home and not worry about taking our kids out. Then Spencer and Suzy showed up to put our boys down while we went and saw the Blind Side at the theater. Such a good movie!!! We had so much fun going out and tried to think of the last time we actually went on a date... alone. With no friends, no kiddos, just us. We still can't think of the last time. Needless to say it was long over due and we really enjoyed ourselves.

My actual birthday was on Sunday and was filled with meetings, church and a baptism although I did make Justin a yummy breakfast that he didn't really get to eat because my alarm didn't go off and he had to run to his first meeting. It's nice that we were able to celebrate the day before. We talked to my family on speaker phone and my dad gave Justin a hard time about not having a birthday cake. So for family night tonight, Jack and Justin were busy baking away and came up with this yummy strawberry cake, complete with sprinkles. They totally redeemed themselves :) It was super yummy! Plus my birthday dragged on for 3 days in a row. I think we should do it that way every year.

Jack made us relight the candles about 25 times so he could blow them out again.
Love the action shot :)

I think after the next couple birthdays I am just going to stop having them. I really, really don't want to turn 30. I still feel like I'm 18 and according to the woman at the grocery store, I still look like it. She asked Justin and I if Jack was our little brother. This was when I was like 9 months pregnant with Anderson. I kindly responded and pointed to my huge pregnant belly, "No, that would be our son and I have one more on the way!" She looked a little surprised. Oh well, I guess when I really do start getting older that looking young will be a good thing... right?
Thanks for a great birthday!!

I've had a couple requests to put a picture of my birthday present. I have been wanting new bedding for a long time and I found this on clearance at Target. I had been eying it for a while but we had decided it was too much and didn't quite fit into the budget. But luckily my birthday came around and it went on clearance just in time. Love it!!!
13 comments:
oh stace of base!! HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY! yours is like the only birthday i can remember each year and then i don't remember to call. good thing one of your best qualities is forgiveness :) right?!! love the pics, love the bedspread and would love to be called 18 . .sadly i'm the one fast approaching 30 - ha!
Happy birthday!! I love the birthday festivities that drag on for a few days. I love your bedding!! So cute. Love PF Changs too! It sounds like you got spoiled for your birthday! I am turning 27 in a couple months and it is the first birthday that I am starting to freak out cause it's too close to 30. I hear ya on turning 30. That is hilarious about the lady in the grocery store! Only in Cleveland:)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I feel like you when you say you feel like you're still 18. I'm SOO nervous to get out of my 20's! I always tell Kent I'd like to stay here FOREVER!!! But what do you do? Cute bedding by the way! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!
what a fun birthday stace! Love the bedding too!
fun birthday! i love pf changs i don't think i've been there since i was pregnant! i am glad you got a birthday cake. i like how jack kept dumping the spinkles in piles in the center of the cake. cute bedding, gotta love those target sales, there the best.
ooops, they're...not 'there'
haha justin made a cake! doesn't he love his inlaws? :) looks like you had a happy birthday. i don't want you to be 30 either. just think of how old i will be when you hit 30!! that is scary. LOVE the bedding!
happy birthday!!!!! i'm soooo happy you and jonah are twinkies now :) i hoped it would happen that way. i knew there was a reason i always remembered your birthday! i mean, besides the fact that you're too cool to forget...
Looks like you had a great birthday! Happy belated birthday! I always think of you every Valentine's Day. What a fun day to celebrate a birthday. :)
P.S. I LOVE the bedspread. I recently got a STEAL on a bed set at Target too. Gotta love Target!
Happy Birthday! I thought of you on the 14th... LovE the bedding!
So fun Stace! I'm glad Justin and the boys made your birthday special...and I'm glad that you got to go out, just the two of you! I love it when that happens!
Man! 26? Isn't that crazy?!!!:)
Enjoy the last few years in your 20's!!!
The bedding is super cute! I
L O V E it!:) Good taste!
I love the bedroom! Super fun weekend for you. Happy Birthday to you!
I know I'm kinda late on saying happy Birthday but I totally agree on the getting old thing. I don't want a birthday this year I'll be 27 I feel so old and I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I turn 30 it's so scary I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I love the bedspread that is gorges. Happy Birthday Stace!
Post a Comment