Wednesday, February 3, 2010

4 Months

It is hard to believe that 4 months have passed since little guy made his debut. He has been such a great baby and the adjustment from 1 kid to 2 has been a lot less stressful than I was anticipating. :)
I took these pictures yesterday and he was all smiles, as usual! You can really see how thin his hair is in these....SAD!

He is very content and hangs out in his little bouncer chair a lot of the time. He had his 4 month check up yesterday and I was laughing to myself because she asked me if he can roll over from his tummy to his back. I thought to myself, I don't know! I haven't put him on his tummy to find out! Not wanting to look like a horrible mother I replied, "He's pretty close." Haha. Then she asks me if I handed him a little rattle or toy, can he hang on to it. Second thought goes through my head...I don't know. I've never handed him a toy to find out! Wow...I am on a roll for mother of the year. He is so content to just hang out that I go about my day as usual and help Jack with different things, feed him and then put him back down to sleep. Of course I didn't tell the doctor this, becuase I didn't want to look retarded. And as soon as we got home, I handed him a little toy and he held on to it, played with it and put it in his mouth. Phew...relief. At least I know he can do one of those things. Then I put him on his tummy and he did not like it at all. He didn't roll over, but I'm sure he's probably close, just like I told the doctor. :)

Weight: 13 lbs. 6 oz. - 25%
Height: 24.5 inches - 25%

I think we have finally established a good nightly routine with him and he is sleeping so much better now! Big relief. There were some nights that he was waking up every 45 minutes. Physically, I could not handle it. I was exhausted. I didn't know what to do. Finally one night, I had to go somewhere so I went to pump a bottle and leave him with Justin to put down for the night. I came back out of my room with only 1 ounce...total. Well, I figured out pretty quickly that he just wasn't getting enough to eat. So we started feeding him formula right before he goes to bed and in the middle of the night. He now goes to bed around 6:30pm and sleeps for at least 12 hours with one feeding in between. Last night he fell asleep at 7pm, woke up at 5:45am to eat and it is 8:55am and he is still sleeping. Now that I could get used to. :)

It is fun to see his cute little personality starting to come through. Jack continues to love him and always tells us "Mom/Dad, he's a cute brother, huh?"

Okay Mom, photo shoot's over!

17 comments:

Cassie said...

He is adorable! 6:30pm as bedtime wow, that is great! He really is so cute. Thanks for giving me courage to handle two children, I am pretty nervous, hopefully I have a laid back kiddo like yours!

anna brownell said...

These are so cute. I think I will steal one and put on my wall. You should let him play with toys a little more now that you know he likes them. Ha. You just lucked out and got a contented baby. He's still kind of little. He might have the Brownell gene for height, not the Heaton one. Ha. Anyway he is dang cute. Love- MOM

Natalie Smith said...

He looks like he is a little flirt! He is adorable.

Nat Heaton said...

Your post is so funny. I can totally relate! I took Logan to his 18 month check-up yesterday and had the same experience. "Can he feed himself with a spoon?" I thought "I don't have a clue...I always feed him." Then the question "Can he turn pages of a book?" I thought "Who knows, I always hold the book." Of course I answered Yes to the doc and then went home and practiced!

Anyway, your little guy is DARLING! Those smiles could melt anyone's heart!

Carissa Poyfair said...

He really is super cute Stacey! Love his little shoes.

The Heaton's said...

he is super cute! i am so glad that he is getting a good little night time routine. i love his little long hairs hanging over his ears, so adorable. i also love his little shoes. cute pictures.

ps cute new bedding too! you must post pictures of your room!

Spencer & Suzy said...

Cute baby and cute new bedding!

idaho grandma said...

He is so dang cute!!! Those pictures are so cute of him. He sure smiles a ton. You are so funny....."He's is trying, I know he can hold a toy" wink, wink!!!
You will have to put him on his tummy now and then. If he is like Jack, it won't take long for him to figure it out. He is getting chubby cheeks and arms. They are so cute. I can't believe he is only 13#. The formula at night should help and so glad it is helping him sleep. He is probably much happier (he must be because he sleeps longer) and so is mommy and daddy. Can't wait to see the post of the new bedroom. Love you guys....have fun this weekend.

Marilyn said...

Cute pics! They grow so fast don't they! It seems like just a few weeks ago you had him, right?!?

TerriLyn said...

Anderson is such a cute baby boy! I really loved the Christmas card you sent of your two adorable boys. You all look so well and we love and miss you.

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

He is such a cute brother! Just like Jack said. He really is adorable Stacey. As is your new bedding! I can only see a bit of it, but it looks really cute. You will have to post more pictures.

Brittany Mecham said...

Okay so I am laughing out loud! Jack hears and wants to know whats so funny so I read it to him and can barely get through it cause I'm laughing so hard!! He laughed too but probably didn't know why he was! So funny and I LOVE the pictures, really anytime you want me to watch him is fine cause I'd LOVE to kiss on him! What a cutie!! Oh and I want to see your bedroom, so I guess I'd better come over sometime! :)

Sherwoods said...

man he is cute. i hope we have cute kids like you!!

Jon and Mindy Niu said...

Simply Adorable!!! Man, I have a lot to live up to with all these cute babies!! Love you and miss you!

kthom said...

Pretty darn adorable Stacey..that's all there is to it! And speaking of adorable...hello pillows on your bed!! Love them :)

Jessica said...

Stace, you are the cutest mom ever! It's funny how things change from baby #1 to baby #2. For instance, I always knew how many months old Davy was, but not Bransen! Other moms would say, "My baby's 8 months old, how old is yours?" I'd say, "He's almost 6 months." Or, "He's almost 1." "Almost" was always in there somewhere!
We all know you're doing a fabulous job raising the 2 cutest kids in Cleveland!

Kelly Munns said...

wow...i can't believe he wasn't getting much milk. but then again, how would you know?! i guess we went to the lactation nurse right after he was born and she weighed him before i fed him and then after. otherwise i wouldn't know. poor kiddo...at least you have it figured out now. and i think it's hilarious that you felt you had to lie to the nurse. hilarious! so no, you're not retarded...and neither is your baby. he is super cute...little and cute!