We have had a few projects that we have been wanting to get done, and since we are going out of town for so long, we decided to get them done before we leave. It sounded like a good idea at the time, but during all the work, I wasn't so sure anymore. At least now they are done! When we get back from Washington I will only have 5 weeks left until this baby comes so I am glad Justin is so much more on top of things and not wanting to procrastinate.
Old wall...

New wall...

I LOVE our new pictures we had printed!! Thanks Ang :) And I think the new frames make the wall look so much better.
Old room...
New room...

We painted Jack's dresser and bed navy blue. I'm really happy with how they turned out. It took me about a year to decide what to pain them. Justin has been trying to do this forever and I could never make up my mind. Finally he helped me decide, and I love it. We also moved some rugs around and put the striped one in the baby's room.

This wall used to have a big ugly shelf that got banished to the attic. Now Jack's books are organized and he has a cute little place to play.

I bought some canvas from a major sale at Michael's and Justin and I painted them. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about Justin helping me paint them but he did awesome! It was really fun to do it together and we were actually surprised how much we liked them after we were done.

We got this chair from some friends and decided to paint it for the baby's room. I was originally going to reupholster it because the cushions were really dirty. Justin thought maybe we should try to wash the cushions and they came perfectly clean!!! I am SO GLAD I didn't have to cover them. Justin saved me a lot of grief from a project I have no idea how to do. Now I just need a little baby to rock to sleep! :)

We also painted the crib. This was such a pain. It was hard to sand and paint all of the rails. Glad this project is done. I think I am all done with projects for a while. We just have a few finishing touches to put on the baby's room and we are all ready for him (as far as his room goes).

Now Justin is off to Guatemala and Jack and I are off to Washington! Justin will be there for 2 weeks and will come back to Ohio for 10 days before joining us in Washington for my brother's wedding. We have a lot to look forward to these next couple months! I am glad all of this is behind us.
Now we get to play! :)
15 comments:
Those all look SO good! We are doing that same thing to a bunch of furniture tomorrow. So much fun! :) Yours look so good though! I can't wait to see your cute house. Too bad you won't be there.
What fun projects! They all turned out great. I can't believe how ready you guys are for your baby, it is giving me an anxiety attack! I just got his car seat today and I bought him like 4 outfits the other day and that is the extent of our preparations. Do you guys know what you are going to name this little man yet? Jack is going to be such a great big brother. Have fun in WA!
I love what you guys have done! I think you're right that it's better to do them BEFORE you leave and before you're 9 months pregnant. :)
By the way, I hope I get to see you while you're in town! Your mom got an invite to my bridal shower. If you're in town next Tuesday, then you're invited to come too!
I can't believe how cute everything turned out. What a change. I love it. Can't wait to see the new little guy in the crib!!! Have a great time in WA and I keep in touch. I will be counting the days until Justin gets home. I am such a worry-wort!!!! You guys did a great job and love the family pictures. I need the one of Jack on the porch in his shorts and tie. Can I get Angie to send them to me? I have the release form still. I need 3 4x6's. Let me know if I can get them. Thanks. Have a great time with your family and keep me posted on the cross stitch. Love you all...
Look how talented you are?!? I WISH I was extra crafty like that..or crafty AT ALL for that matter! I just assume BUY it because of the stress and the non-craftiness ability that I have! I LOVE those canvases! When I saw them I was going to ask where you got them and then I read you PAINTED them, all hopes for me having some were gone! DANG! It all looks so cute though!
I knew you were Miss Martha Stewart, but I had no idea that Justin was so crafty!
Jack's dresser looks amazing, I thought it was a completely new one!
You've inspired me to get to work! *After check-outs this weekend, of course!*
so, so, so cute! lots of hard work, definitely paid off! everything looks so great. i love that you picked navy blue for jacks bed. the crib looks really good in black. is the baby and jack sharing a room? or is the baby in the guestroom? the canvases look fab. so nice of justin to help out and be so involved!!! have fun you all your trips! be safe.
WOW that is a lot of work. Looks great though. Wish I had it in me.
you have been busy girlie! now time for playing! it all looks so great.... i can;t wait to see it in person. i CANNOT believe you'll only have 5 weeks until your sweet little guy is here by the time you get back.... CRAZY! have so much fun in washigton and we'll see you when you get back :)
Holy crap way to blog!! I love all the changes and cant wait to see them all! Have fun with family and keep posting, even though I haven't in who knows how long! :)
Holy Cow!!!! Look at you go!! I love all of the changes you've made and I love the quotation above your family pictures! Congratulations again on your new little one. Do you guys have any names picked out? We are getting way behind you guys with the kiddos, we haven't even started!!
Great projects! Isn't it so nice to get them done? I love that feeling. I can't imagine painting a crib, gesh! I painted a cradle & that was enough for me.
It look so good! I'm so impressed. And how fun that you and Justin were able to work on it together. Somewhere along the line I missed that you were having another boy. Congratulations! What darling brothers they will be. I'm so excited for you guys! Have fun on all your trips.
Hi Stacey!
Miss you in Cleveland. I just want to Thank you for everything! You and Justin have been so wonderful to us. I really appreciate you being there for me and Adam. You guys are seriously the coolest people I've met! Thanks so much for looking out for Adam while I was gone.
I'm excited to have you back here with me. It's so lonely!!!
You're the best!
Love ya!
Hollie and Adam
I looooooove all the cute projects! You guys have been busy, busy! I bet it feels so nice to be done!
The navy blue on Jack's furniture looks great! and I've been wanting to do the 3 frame wall too for a long time for one of our walls...It looks awesome!
Post a Comment