
Rolling Ridge Ranch is an 80 acre Amish farm out in Holmes County. It is the funnest place! We have been a couple of times in the past little while and have loved it. When we first got there, we went and looked around the petting zoo area. They let you hold and touch everything from baby ducks, to little goats, donkeys, sheep and chickens.

This peacock was just walking around, not in a cage or anything. I was glad we got to see him with his feathers out.

Jack trying to catch the goat.

After the petting zoo part, you hop on horse drawn wagon to see the rest of the animals on the farm. Justin was petting a zonkey. Donkey + Zebra = Zonkey. Weird, huh?!

Our cute little Amish driver

This is the wagon that was in front of us. See the camel on the left? Where did this guy get these animals??

No that is some BIG horns!! I don't know how they even keep their head up.

Feeding the deer. It is so fun because all the animals just come right up to you. These deer were trying to climb up the steps on the back of the wagon.

Jack and I feeding an elk. The one in the back behind us is a white elk. I didn't even know they existed.

Justin feeding the deer that were wanting to get in the wagon.

Spencer and Suzy came with us the second time. This picture will give you an idea how big these horns were!!
We also saw crocodiles, llamas, buffulo, mammoth donkeys (they are huge!) emus, ostrichs, pot belly pigs, monkeys, Indian antelope, a brahma bull, and a bunch of others I don't even remember the name of. It is one of my favorite things we have done here in Ohio. Have I ever mentioned that I love Ohio? :)
3 comments:
Wow! That looks like such a FUN place!!! It looks like the perfect place to go with kids! Glad you guys have been enjoying the summer! The thought that it's going to be over soon makes me want to cry!!! Why can't it always be summer time?
how FUN! those little deers are so cute! and i love the picture of jack holding the little duckie! the video of the ostrich eating is funny, it doesn't even look like he puts his mouth in there long enough to get a bite! what a fun place, can we go there when we come out?
I agree with Ryan and Stephanie. What a fun place. I hope we can go when we come out too. I can't believe all the animals. Is is a zoo or a working farm? Very cool.
Post a Comment