Tuesday, July 21, 2009

4th of July

We started our 4th of July at the church for breakfast and a bike parade for the little kids. All the kids were supposed to decorate their bikes. Jack didn't exactly decorate his own, but I thought it was cute!!
Justin pushing Jack in the parade. Jack doesn't look very excited. He had a serious face the whole time. Maybe he doesn't like to be in the spotlight?

After the breakfast we took Jack home for a nap and then headed to the Mecham's for a BBQ. We had the best food!! It was so good. Then, it was off to Solon to watch the fireworks.

Maybe we can try sparklers again next year... Jack loved to watch them, but would NOT get close.
Brittany and me


We had a fun 4th. It is one of my favorite holidays!! There is just something about being out in the nice weather, eating yummy food and watching the fireworks. I love it!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Your family is so darn cute! I'll bet Jack would have been smiling if he were in Idaho! (I'm sorry that I have to do that ALL the time!) We miss you!

Denisse said...

Waaa ha ha ha ha!!!! Jack's face!!!! Totally priceless!!! I think you should make a little book of all of the pictures you have of Jack making faces!!! He just has the BEST facial expressions!!! I love him!!!!:)

The Heaton's said...

sun, swimming, yummy food, fireworks... 4th of july is the best summer holiday (actually, i think it's the only summer holiday?). jacks tricycle is so adorable! he looks so cute sitting on it! sad about the sparklers, maybe next year he'll like them a little more. cute pictures!

idaho grandma said...

looks like you all had a great day. We love the 4th too!!!! I am really surprised that Jack didn't like the sparklers. Last year we couldn't keep him from wanting to hold them. Maybe next year. I agree with Jessica (don't know who she is), but you would have WAY more fun in Idaho over the 4th!!! (Hint, Hint). Glad you all had a great day.