This Thanksgiving, we were able to spend the weekend in Washington D.C. with Scott and Denisse. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner (Denisse and I did the whole thing!) with Denisse's family. When we weren't eating, we spent our time seeing as many sites as we could possibly squeeze in. We were able to see so much, but we are already making an intinerary for our next trip there. In some of the museums, you could spend days there and not see everything. Here is a sample of what we did get to see...

This is the ONLY picture I have of all three kids! I can't believe I didn't take any more. They were pretty good for being strapped in their strollers for 3 days! This is at the Lincoln Memorial.
One of Dorothy's original size 5 ruby slippers from the film Wizard of Oz, inside the Museum of American History.
As we were walking by the White House, President Bush landed in a helicopter on the White House lawn...random!
This was one of my most favorite vacations of all time. We had so much fun. It was non-stop and packed full of fun and interesting things, and engaging conversations. Seeing all the monuments and memorials, and reading quotes from the Founding Fathers, made me realize that they were truly inspired men. They were led here by our Heavenly Father to establish this wonderful country that we live in. Hopefully we will always remember the values that this country was founded on and that we never stray too far from the country these men established.
A big thanks to Scott and Denisse for letting us stay at your house!! We miss you guys already and we can't wait to come back!












13 comments:
man you guys are us travelers!!! I can't believe how many places you guys have gotten to go in the last year! It seems like I was just looking at your pics from NY. How cool that you got to go to DC!!! I bet it was truly awesome! I would have loved to do something like that and site see, what a great thanksgiving to remember!
So fun! The weather looks beautiful!! How lucky. It looks like you guys just had a great time. I bet you didn't want to come. Just think, you will be packing up and leaving again in a week and a half...crazy! We can't wait to see you!!!!
It is a fabulous experience isn't it. Ron and I spent the first four months of our marriage there...looking forward to returning in May with the twins!!
Those are really great pics! I love your blonde hair, Stace! If you're coming to ID for Christmas you'd better call us!!!
Looks like such a fun trip! I love DC and am jealous of the fact you got to spend time with Denisse! :) Thanks for sharing about your vacation.
Good thinkin' Stace! I would love to see her new house too. I'll let you work out the details! Do you think Ash will figure out that we're talking about her?!
super cute pictures! i love dc! there is always so much to do and so little time. hooray for you and denisse doing dinner all by yourselves, brave girls! can't wait to see you guys, just a few more weeks. tell jack to work on connors name!
You guys make me laugh. Nice food line picture! We LOVED our D.C. trip too. I had no Idea I would like it so much. I want to go back one more time before we leave. Glad you had so much fun!
I look like I'm on drugs or something on that picture of me and Stacey!!!:) ha ha ha! NOT so cute...love you guys! and you know I'm still your favorite friend Justin!!!!!!!:)
How cute are those ruby slippers?! Thanks for posting a pic. Looks like you guys had a fun time. Next time I come out we should drive out there for a few days. Can't wait to see you!
what a fun thanksgiving break! looks like you guys had a great time!
How fun! I'm so glad you guys had such a great time. The pictures are darling! It makes me want to come visit. I think I'd really like it out there. :-)
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and saw tons of great sites! I love the pics with Santa by the way. Glad you had fun!!
Post a Comment