Friday, August 8, 2008

Just Mommy and Me


Justin has been gone for a week now in Guatemala on a humanitarian dental trip with other kids from Case. So it has just been Jack and me to entertain ourselves! It has been really nice to have a super laid back week with no real plans and a lot of sunshine to go to the pool, but we are definitely ready to have Justin back. We have been super spoiled to have him with us all summer long and now we are going through major withdraws! We only have two more days with out him. But besides missing him, we have managed to have a lot of fun too!

Church was a little more difficult by myself. I got through the whole three hours with a little help from others in our ward. It made me realize just how much Justin helps me on a daily basis. He is the BEST when it comes to helping with Jack.

I had to take a picture of him right before we left because I thought he looked SO CUTE! I just wanted to stand there and squeeze him!!


We love to be silly!

Jack wanted to brush my hair while I was sitting on the stairs. I wanted to take a picture of him doing it and he decides that he wants to grab my hair and use it to help him get down the stairs instead....Ouch!
(He has his shirt off in all of these pictures because he got it really dirty at dinner and I didn't want to bother when it was so close to bed time. I really do dress my kid!)

"I'm pretty sure this is how my mommy puts her chap stick on."

Love the farmer's tan


Wow...this is cool!

We spent one day at Cedar Point with some of our friends and had a really good time. Jack smiled on some of the rides, he had a very serious face on some of the rides and he cried on some of the rides. I think he will have more fun next year when he is a little older.

Hey Mom!

I don't think I have a good feeling about this one Mom...

(This is one of the ones he cried on! Poor little guy!)


Snoopy got a little close for comfort according to Jack. :)

Brittany, Hollie, and Me



Last night we walked to the library to check out some movies. We brought home Elmocize, you know the exercise one featuring Elmo himself, and Jack was loving it! He was making me laugh so hard with his little dance moves. This was definitely one of the high lites of my week!

We miss you Justin and we can't wait to see you on Sunday!

20 comments:

Sherwoods said...

I know how it is missing your husband! Not fun. But glad you got some quality time with Jack, looks like you guys are keeping busy. That video od Jack dancing is hilarious. He's got moves!

Blake and Rhonda said...

Oh my! Your hair is SO cute, you must have found someone to do it for you. Jack is addorable! I will have to email you the recipes. And it looks like Jack will be following in Justin's dancing footsteps. ;)

Sarah Stout said...

Looks like you had a FUN week in spite of Justin being gone! Jack is SO adorable!

Jessica said...

You're one hot blonde! Aren't you glad you have Jack to keep you company while Justin's gone? I don't mind David going on his hunting trips as much now that I have my boys to keep me busy! And Jack's dancing is so cute! But I don't understand why they have a baby's exercise video. Are we Americans getting that fat?!

Marilyn said...

You look so pretty blonde and yet you looked great as a burnette. I am curious what made you want to switch- you look great either way! Your blog is always so fun and it looks like your having a lot of fun. =)

Anonymous said...

Wow Stacey- blond hair. You look like high school. Justin better watch out jack has already got the moves. He'll be wanting to be a ballroom dancer Looks like you two had fun. I'll bet Justin missed you two.. I wish I could see Jack dance in real life. It's hilarious..Love ya Mom B

Hurst Family said...

What kinda dance was that? Does Justin dance like that too! Ha Ha
I bet that's where he learn his moves.

Angie Penrose said...

That is so funny! He must be learning those moves from Justin. tee,hee!

Ashley Robinson said...

Hey Stac! Cute hair! it has been a long time since I've seen you blonde! Jack is getting SOOO big! Got another one one the way yet? :)

Sherwoods said...

There's a little dancer in the making I think! SOOO cute. He just gets cuter and cuter. I just wish we could see him everyday!! And I love your hair!

Dane and Natalie said...

It's no fun having your hubby gone but we sure had fun with you while he was gone. It was fun hanging out at the pool! Jack is cute and brilliant - the whole package. See you around!

Jack said...

I hope you don't mind my looking at all you guy's blogs. I enjoy it so much. You have such a sweet little family and look so happy all the time. Thanks for always being such a wonderful example to all you know. Our blog is "actfamilies.blogspot.com" if you'd like to "tune in " sometime! Marilyn Arbogast

Denisse said...

You look so cute Stace and I have no words for Jack, he is just dang ADORABLE all the time!!!! I bet you are glad Justin is back from his trip!!! How did it go??? Hey! Did you ever got Photoshop to work on your computer???? Miss you guys!!!

The Heaton's said...

fun week, and a busy week! cute pictures. jack is so cute, i can't believe how blonde his hair is!!! and your hair looks super cute, it's been a while since i've seen you with some blonde! and welcome home justin!

Ashley Leonardson said...

Hi Stacey! I found you on Talia's blog so I had to peek!! What a cute family!! I hope that all is well. Take Care

Kellen and Erin said...

How fun. You guys look like you're all doing so great! We haven't checked out your blog in a while so I was just catching up and it looks like your having a way fun summer. That is great! Good luck with Jack until Sunday!

Kellen and Erin said...

By the way, seeing all these fun pictures makes me want to come visit you guys! That would be fun

Nat said...

You guys are so darling! It sounds like you've had a good time, despite being alone. I'm very impressed, actually. I don't know if I could handle being without Nicolas that long. I hope Justin had a good time too.

Denisse said...

Oh my heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did I miss that video of Jack dancing!??????? I had a smile on my face the whole time I was watching it!!! What a sweetheart!!!! I don't think I squeeeeeezed him enough while we were there...I think you guys need to come to see us soon...Did Justin take any pics of his trip??? I think you need to post some!!:) Love ya guys!!!!

Rachel said...

That video of Jack is too cute! I love the dance moves!