Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Yesterday we had our first big snow since we have been here. It snowed ALL day long. Last night Justin made me go outside with him so we could measure. It was 7 inches. This morning I had to go outside and dig out our garbage so the garbage man would know that we had some! All you could see were a couple of ties at the top. I measured this morning and it was almost 9 inches.
It was a lot of fun to watch it snow all day. The unfortunate thing is that we don't own a snow shovel. I was snowed in all day, which isn't all that bad, until Justin got home from school and borrowed a snow shovel. He is out there right now, so hopefully we can make it to the store tonight to invest in one. Luckily I had no where I had to be today!
This is Justin trying to make it up our front steps last night. You could not even see the steps at all!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

You're lucky you can stay in. I feel like I'm risking my life to drive to work everyday! I hate the snow!!

Karlee said...

THAT IS A TON OF SNOW!!!! I LOVE FRESH SNOW...but only for a day or two and then I'm sick of it and I want it to be warm and sunny outside! These are the perfect days to start a fire, make warm soup and sip hot chocolate!