Now I debated whether or not to tell this story because you might think I am a bad mommy. Then I got to thinking, I bet every person with kids who reads this has done the same thing! ....well, hopefully. :) I was cutting Jack's fingernails the other day and...you guessed it, I cut his skin. I didn't notice at first until it started bleeding! I felt so bad!! So I went to get a little band aid to put on the end of his thumb hoping that would make it feel better. You know when you were little and you got a cut, you would always ask for a band aid from your mom and somehow that just made everything all better!
Well, Jack didn't think this band aid was such a cool thing after all. He took it off in about thirty seconds. I went and got another one, and he did the same thing. It was hilarious watching him concentrate so hard on getting it off. After the second band aid, I gave up.
He was so proud of himself after he finally got it off!! That little thing on the floor in front of him is the second band aid.
A little glimpse of the action...
11 comments:
Ahah thats so cute! Normally when I see bandaids pulled off I get really grossed out, but thats so funny he kept pulling it off. I'm sure it didnt take him long to get over you nipping his skin. I havent experienced that yet, but I know plenty of other moms have and I'm sure I will too. He's so stinkin cute!
I can't believe you did that! I have never done anything like that. tee,hee! He's so stinking cute!!
well i am not sure who is a worse mommy; you for cutting your sons finger; or me for not cutting my sons finger nails (cause i am scared to death of cutting him) and having him scratch is face all the time. a double edge sword, oh well no one is perfect.
He's probably weirded out by the sticky sensation and texture of the Band-aids. Funny. And by the way, I'm NEVER going to cut my kid's skin while cutting their fingernails. ;) Just kidding.
Don't feel bad, it seems like he's going to be ok. And someday he's going to get his hand slammed in the door, burn his hand, or fall and hit his head on the fireplace and get a huge goose-egg (I did that one to someone else's kid!) We all know that you love your son.
hey...my mom cut my kids fingernails until at least 2 years old (really) because the first time I cut Stephanie's, I cut her thumb too. I just couldn't think of even trying again. I cried and I think she probably did too. Every mom has to do it at least once!!! I'm just glad he is not liking the textures of things in his mouth or you may have not found the band-aid!!! So cute, thanks for posting all the cute things he does. Love, Mom H.
I love how he hates eating anything with texture, but he puts the band aid right in his mouth! What a funny little guy!
I didn't read the post above! haha! She's right though...good thing he won't swallow!
Stacey, I am so bad at cutting my kids fingernails. I make Garrett do it all the time, because they always bleed when I do it! I just put a band-aid on Carter yesterday and he did the same thing. He actually sucked on it to pull it off. Kids are so entertaining! Jack is such a cutie!
i love your videos I always make mitch watch them too! That is so funny about the bandaid, at least he pulled them off in front of you, my nephew swalled a metallic bandaid when he was his age and had to go to the doctors cuz he had a fever! Crazy lil babies!! I love the pic below too of him sleeping!!
I have done this exact same thing to Tabitha! I felt awful! She too ripped the bandaid off in a second. Jack is getting so big! What a cute kid!!
Post a Comment