Monday, August 22, 2016

February Birthdays 2015

 Valentine's Day happens to be the day I was born. I've always loved having my birthday on that day. I'm not sure why, but it always makes me happy. Every year I do a big breakfast for Valentine's Day, and then Justin takes over for the rest of the day. This year he even got fancy with my cake.



 That weekend, Justin took me to Durango, CO. We ate at the yummiest restaurant. I had their beet soup and it was amazing. It was bright pink and I wanted to lick the bowl!

 We stayed overnight up in the mountains and spent the next day skiing. It was a warm sunny day, which made the snow a little slushy in places, but it was the perfect day on the slopes. We hardly needed our coats.



Then later in the month we made the trek back to Utah to surprise Bob for his 60th birthday. Taylor got a new carseat before we left and he was extra happy to be facing forward! He was such a good little traveler.
 Everyone gathered at Stephanie and Adam's house for the third time since we came home from Japan. We felt so spoiled being just a short drive from family! 


The birthday boy!


 We did some exploring in Park City while we were there and our favorite part was heading down the alpine slide. Even though it started snowing and we froze on the way down, it was a hit.






 On our way back to New Mexico, we hit a snow storm about 3 hours from home. We thought about continuing on, but didn't feel good about it. It was dark outside and you couldn't see anything. So we found a hotel and stayed the night. The next morning when we got on the road, we were so thankful that we waited until morning. Even in the daylight it was hard to tell where the road was. It was a stressful drive home. On the plus side, the kids were happy to play in it when we got home. 



1 comment:

Ashlee said...

It sounds like you had an eventful and fun-filled month.