Friday, January 15, 2016

Arizona!

Shortly after our household good arrived, Justin had to go out of town for pediatric interview. So naturally, I left my disaster of a house with open boxes in every corner and packed up the kids to drive to Arizona to see the Pothier's. I hadn't seen them in years and I was planning on taking full advantage of living 6 hrs away.

 These two little peanuts are about 3 weeks apart. They were two peas in a pod, sharing cheerios and their favorite blankies.



 Of course Kara and I had to do some sort of project while I was there. She ended up teaching me how to use her handy dandy saw and we made some really cute haunted houses.



 We went scorpion hunting, a first for me. And after, Kara and I showed off our super adventurous side and jumped in the pool at midnight. There were lots of laughs going on, which I'm sure her neighbors were super happy about!



 The kids swam and swam to their heart's desire. Even though they don't remember each other from the last time we were together, they were quick friends and it made my heart happy to see them all playing and laughing together. 




We could only stay for the weekend, and of course it went by way too fast! But it was time well spent and I could not have been happier. It had been 12 years since Kara and I first met at college, and it was like we never missed a beat. I can't believe we have produced these seven crazy kids. My how things have changed since our single days in Rexburg!


I'm hoping these two stay good friends. And when I say good friends, I mean I want them to get married. Our family ties with the Pothier's needs to be made official. :)

 Oh, and as a little bonus, I pulled over to change Taylor's poopy diaper which smelled horrendous, and found....THIS. Poop EVERYWHERE. It was lovely.
Thank you Taylor!





1 comment:

Kara said...

That was a such a fun weekend! I hate that you no longer live 6 hours away. I miss you.