Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Kinkaku-ji


Sunday morning we all got ready for church and hopped on the bus to the local ward. We were greeted by english speaking missionaries who welcomed us into the building. Everyone was so kind. It was their ward conference and it was so fun to hear them sustain the prophet and apostles in Japanese. There was a musical number of a familiar hymn, and the spirit there was just as strong as if we were hearing it in english. It was an experience I will never forget.







After church, we hopped back on the bus and headed for Kinkaku-ji, otherwise know as the Golden Palace.
When we got off the bus, we got some amazing ice cream and walked by this teeny tiny little store. The skiniest store we have ever seen!

And then, we walked up to this....
It was amazingly beautiful!! Everywhere you looked, it seemed like you were looking at a postcard. It was breathtaking. Even though there were lots of people there, there was a peaceful feel to it.



 I love all the pictures I have of these two traveling buddies. They have no idea how lucky they are to have seen so many wonderful things at such a young age. I only wish they could remember it as vividly as I do.





 We all had to laugh at Denise's choice of "walking" shoes. :)





 Isn't this picture awesome?! I love seeing the gorgeous temple in the background and Denise with the Japanese girl in her beautiful Kimono.

Gorgeous!

1 comment:

idaho grandma said...

Love these posts. It reminds me so much of the wonderful trip we all had together. What an experience of a lifetime and the best part is that we got to spend it with you guys!!! So many thanks to our amazing tour guide....(Justin)