Justin's mom and dad planned a trip to see us! Being so far away, seeing family is a BIG deal. We love it. We decided to meet them in Tokyo and see some of the sites on mainland. I came a day later, but they went to see the Sky Tree Tower, Rainbow bridge and the Shibuya District. Tokyo is such a HUGE city. It's crazy how many people live here!
The day after I got there, we went to the Tokyo temple. It was just a couple of blocks from our hotel, so we were able to walk there. There is a beautiful park right across the street that I wish we would had time to walk around. I still wasn't feeling good, from my food poisoning incident, while we were inside the temple but since we live so far away from one I couldn't pass up the chance to go.
It reminded me of the Seattle temple and I wondered if they were built around the same time. I looked it up and it turns out they were! They were both dedicated in 1980.
The next day, I was feeling so much better, and just in time. We got up early and headed to Tokyo Disney. We LOVE going to Disney. There is something about it that makes us smile the whole time. This is our third Disney park we have been to. California, Florida, and now Tokyo. I think it would be cool to visit every Disney park in the world. So far, I think Tokyo has the best castle!
Taylor was a trooper the entire time. He was so good!
The Japanese were going crazy over our boys. Every line we stood in, people were trying to take pictures with them and saying, "Kawaii! Kawaii!" which means cute in Japanese. Anderson didn't seem to mind, but it really started bothering Jack. He turned to me and said, "When I get home I'm dying my hair black." He was really wishing he could blend in a little more!
The park was decorated for Easter and they had all of the characters shaped like Easter eggs over the whole park. All of the flowers were amazing!
Aren't those flowers beautiful?
Loving on Grandma. :)
The Japanese are always prepared to walk the entire day with their 4 inch heels. My feet hurt just looking at them!
This is Justin and I on our favorite ride, Thunder Mountain Railroad. What was even better than the ride was the Indian guy behind us. His laugh was cracking us up! I wish I would have taken video so we could hear it again.
We ended the day with the electrical parade. The lights were very impressive. By far my favorite Disney parade.
The next day was Disney Sea. As soon as we got there, the boys immediately checked out the map to see where they wanted to go first. The architecture of Disney Sea is really neat. We loved the way they designed the park.
We got to see Walt himself. :)
Disney Sea has a really cool mermaid lagoon area. We even got to go inside of Ariel's treasure room and see her statue of Prince Eric.
We ended at Toy Story Mania. We've decided that two days at Disney is perfect for our kid's ages. I'm not sure Anderson could have walked another 10 hour day. This was definitely the high light of the trip for the kids. The rest of what we saw wasn't near as exciting to them.
The next day, we spent the first half going to see where the emperor lives. When we got there, we found out that we came on the one day out of the week that they are closed to the public. Go figure! It was fun to walk around and get a tiny glimpse of it.
This is just part of the outside gates, but I thought the building was neat.
Bob and mini Bob.
Love seeing these three together.
Tay stuck in the stroller again. Poor little guy probably thought he was never getting out of there!
That afternoon, we were headed for Kyoto! (post to come)


















2 comments:
That was the most wonderful trip with the best tour guide ever. You guys made the trip the best. We loved everything that was planned and it was the best experience. Thanks for all you did to make it awesome. 152
I love seeing your posts Stacey, such fun adventures you guys are having!!
Kara
Post a Comment