Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Surprise Visit

 We booked a last minute trip to my parent's house the end of May. I called my mom asking her if I could show up at her house on Monday, which was only 6 days away. We were so excited about it and decided to surprise everyone else. And boy were they surprised! It was so fun to see everyone's reaction. They had no idea we were coming.
The boys settled right in! To say they were enjoying themselves would be an understatement. Cousins, grandparents, and a huge backyard makes for two very happy boys. They kept saying that they want to move to Washington when we are done with Japan. 

 Anderson was especially attached to my mom. He didn't want to go anywhere that Grandma wasn't going. Even when we went somewhere with her, he just wanted to go back to grandma's house and be with her there. The other day he suggested that we name our baby Grandma Brownell. My mom thought it was a great suggestion!

 We loved going to the Mariner's game! I just love Seattle in general and we grew up going to Mariner's games. It was fun to make that memory with my boys. They loved it as much as I had hoped they would. Jack kept calling it the "Merner's game". We need to work on that. :)
 So many boy cousins!! We are even missing one and a half in this picture.
 People say that Scott and I look alike...so we decided to test it out. 

He just needs a little makeup and some plucked eyebrows!

 It was a raining Memorial Day, so we spent it at the Flight Museum in Seattle. Another favorite pastime of mine.





 Heaton, Penrose, and Brownell boys.

Jack and Anderson helped my mom with her chickens everyday. They would go out with her to let them out of the coop and feed them. Then they would play with them and help her gather them back into the "hoop", as Anderson would say. Jack made sure to ask my mom plenty of questions so we will know what to do when we have our own chickens! And yes...we will have our own chickens. 

My sister's and my mom and I talk about how we wish we lived on a farm wearing rain boots and an apron every day. This picture is my great Grandma Hansen (my Gma Gorrell's mom). She's my inspiration! Ok, maybe I won't have that many chickens, but I totally love this picture.

 We had some cousin time at the pool. 
 Stephanie had planned on coming to visit my mom for a few days and had no idea that I was already in Washington. We hid in my mom's house when she came and jumped out to scare them. We scared them so good that Kayson wouldn't stop crying! The timing with her visit and mine couldn't have been planned out any better. 



 We stopped by to see some of our favorites...the Berglind family! Stephanie and I looked at each other after this picture and said, "How did we turn into moms with kids this big?? When did this happen??" We feel like we should still be in high school or even at BYU-I together. The time goes by too fast.

 We got to see both Tanner and Mckay play baseball. They weren't used to such a big cheering section!

 We had a birthday party for all of the June birthdays. Kelli, Stephanie, and Angie all let Jack blow out the candles for them. Jack was totally spoiled before it was even his real birthday.

 All the cousins, minus Finley. It's not easy getting them all to sit there for longer than half a second!
 After my Grandma Gorrell passed away, I was looking through my pictures and realizing how few I have with her in them. So I tried while I was there to get a couple with my boys and my Grandma and Grandpa Brownell. I wish they were better quality! I didn't even take my big camera with me, so these are all from my iphone. I guess it is better than nothing though.

You can tell from this picture where I get my height from. My dad is 5'5", to give you an idea of how short my grandparents are. I'm lucky I made it passed 5 feet!
 After 2 weeks, we were sad to go back. It felt so good to be in the states. We've had a lot of fun experiences here in Japan, but I desperately needed time to refresh and gear up for another year of being far, far away. It would have been even better if we had more time to go visit Justin's family and other friends. Maybe next year! We told everyone that we are currently taking donations for plane tickets. :)
Oh, and did you know that neck pillows are more comfortable on top of your face?

6 comments:

Ash & Tim said...

What a wonderful visit! I can only imagine how hard it must be to be so far away. The boys look as happy as can be in every picture. And please don't ever have that many chickens :/ glad that you were able to make it home- love the last picture as well :)

Anonymous said...

I need more visits. It was a wonderful time..Jack became quite the chicken herder. Loved it. MOM

Jessica said...

How fun!! You must come to ID next time, though!

Unknown said...

It was SO awesome to see you, your cute belly and Jack and Anderson. Hayden still talks about going to Japan to see Jack and how much he misses him. They had a great time playing together! Glad you are home safe and sound. You are my hero for doing that flight pregnant with 2 kids. You're amazing!

hillmans said...

That certainly was a wonderful surprise! And I love that last picture of Anderson. haha He is so funny! Miss you guys!

Bobbie said...

You have such a cute family! I hope we get to see you guys someday!