Left to right: Bjarnason's, Jenks, Hurst's, us, and the Carroll's
On our last day in Thailand, we had a relaxing morning, eating breakfast and hanging out at the hotel. Our hotel was so beautiful. We really lucked out and had a great experience at both.
In the afternoon, we headed to see What Pra That Doi Suthep, which is a mountain top temple. Our taxi driver was driving like a crazy person the whole way up and down and we thought for sure we would not make it home to our kids. She was scaring me so bad!
You have to climb up a gazillion stairs to get to the temple. It was a good workout.
While we were walking around the temple, I found my next hairdo. Ok, that's kind of mean. But seriously lady...that is some crazy frizz! I wanted to give her a bottle of mousse.
Ok I'm done being mean.
Once again, the temple was beautiful. LOTS and lots of gold.
I love their Buddha statues. I bought myself a small Buddha head to put in my house. It's interesting though because I always thought that Buddha was big and fat. I asked someone and they explained to me that the Chinese Buddha is fat, and the Thai Buddha is skinny. Who knew?!
I wished it wasn't so hazy that day because it would have been an awesome view of Chiang Mai.
We passed this little girl sitting on the steps on our way down. Isn't she adorable? She had the sweetest face. You take pictures of her and then she asks you for money. I gave her some money and my heart sank knowing that her family sent her to sit on these steps trying to earn money for their family. She was just sitting there all by herself. I felt very lucky that we are in a position where my kids can just be kids. They don't have to go out and earn money for us to survive. It makes me feel a little guilty though. Why was I born into the situation that I was? Why are my kids so lucky to have all that they have? We saw houses and people there, that made me want to give them everything I have. It definitely gave me a new perspective.
Overall, this was one of the coolest things we have ever done. The people we traveled with were awesome, our kids were safe while we were gone, and we had a week of uninterrupted conversations about life. Where we are now, where the next few years will take us, and where we want to end up. It was great. And we came home 2 days before my birthday, which pretty much qualifies for the best birthday ever.
Justin is already trying to decide where we should go next!












5 comments:
so glad you guys got to do this trip. It really was a trip of a lifetime. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Ok I've got it, come to Hawaii April 12th!! Oh I wish we were with you all in Thailand! How fun and so beautiful!! About that lady... I think it was a man and I'm pretty sure he was wearing my wig! Ha Ha thats just what I look like when no gel is in :) Okay no so really come to Hawaii!
My hair can look that poofy - no problem! I think it should be the new style. :)
Your pictures are so amazing! It looks like a grand adventure.
That is so sad about that little girl. I would have wanted to stick her in my bag to take her home! This is funny, but I remember watching an episode of Oprah where she said each American girl was so blessed just by being born in the USA. Most of us don't know how good we have it. Thanks for the reminder!
stace you traveling queen look at all the fun places and things you have been doing!! what fun "couple" memories these will be :) ~whit
So so so cool! I am kind of sad that it's your last post about Thailand :( What an incredible experience!
Post a Comment