Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4th of July

 I love the 4th of July! It is one of my most favorite holidays. I love how laid back it is. We had a fun BBQ with friends. This year I tried cutting out the watermelon with cookie cutters. It turned out so cute! And not to mention, it was one of the best watermelons ever. Justin and I ate a TON of watermelon.


 The boys did a little swimming, and then we headed to the beach. It had been cloudy that day, which kept the temperature down, and made for the perfect evening. The kids played, and played. They were loving life.


 Little Luke was a champ! He stayed awake the whole time just watching the fireworks. He is so cute!

 Anderson and Oliver were prepping themselves for the fireworks.



It was so pretty to watch the fireworks over the water. We kept telling each other how great of a night it was. Next year we will be in Japan. I'm guessing it will give a little different feel to the 4th of July.

2 comments:

The Mortensens said...

Cutest boys ever.... that's all I have to say!

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was way fun!!!! Not sure they do the 4th in Okinawa.. Maybe on the base they might.. The boys look like they were having a blast. I love the watermelon too. Fun Fun Love- MOM