We have been quite busy around these parts. The reality of moving to Japan has started to sink in and the "to do" list that comes with it keeps getting longer and longer. There are so many things that need to happen before we can even get our official orders which will enable us to start booking flights and the movers and such. It is overwhelming at times. But even in the midst of the chaos, everyday life must go on, and we are trying to make the best of it.
Anderson has grown so much since we have been here. He is turning into a big boy. This crazy summer will fly by and before I know it, he will be three. Three! He's already planned his birthday party. "A Buzz party in Japan". Buzz Lightyear that is. We'll see if it stays the same up until his birthday. I asked him the other day who is favorite friend is. He thought about it for a minute and said, "Umm...my name's...Gack. That's my favorite friend, Gack." I love that he calls Jack, Gack. He still says "my name's" for what his favorite anything is. I try not to correct him, hoping that he will stay little for as long as possible. I'm in love with his cute little voice. Of course it's not so cute when he yells at me, but I'll take what I can get.
We went on a date.
This might not be blog worthy to some, but this is a rare event for us, and I was so happy to have a night with Justin. We went to a nice restaurant and to the movies. I love being able to have adult conversations that we can actually start and end without being interrupted twenty times. I am hoping and praying to find the perfect 15 yr old girl that falls in love with my boys and wants to babysit for me every Saturday night. Maybe I will find her in Japan. 98% of the kids I know here are ages 10 and under. Which is why our dates are so rare!!
Jack is still doing t-ball. He's on the Rangers team and looks extra cute in his baseball pants and oversized t-shirt. Anderson wants desperately to be out there playing with Jack. I always feel bad telling him that he can't.
Could that helmet be any bigger?
"But I want to be out there!!!"
I'm still making homemade bread. I stopped buying bread from the store in November and I'm not sure we will ever go back. I hate that the stuff you buy at the store has 30 ingredients that I can't pronounce and it really doesn't taste that great. I'm hoping that I can keep this up forever.
We went to our annual ward "Fish Fry". They fried catfish. I was a little nervous to try it, but it was actually really yummy. Minus the fact that it had a bath in a pot of oil and probably clogged a few of my arteries. We tried not to think about that part. Don't you love the guy cooking it?
Jack tried out his hoola hoop skills.
We spent Sunday afternoon in our driveway drawing chalk and playing with squirt bottles. Anderson found some ants to watch.
Jack and I drew a flower garden.
The boys washed their scooters with the spray bottles. Anderson did this forever. He would drive it around in the chalk and then wash all the chalk off the wheels. It was quite entertaining.
We were having so much fun....
until this rolled in.
Check out those clouds!! It came out of nowhere. Isn't that a little scary?? We watched it for a few minutes until it started dumping down rain and washed away our pretty flower garden that we drew. Mississippi has some crazy storms. A little scary at times, but fun to watch.









6 comments:
Cute pictures! Love those shots of the storm! Can I steal it?? :) Oh and I need your bread recipe!
I too am in need of your bread recipe. I've yet to produce a bread that is decent for a sandwich. Mine always seem so crumbly. Please share!
That storm is scary! Your boys are adorable, Anderson's eyes kill me, what a doll. And date night, yahoo! You guys look great. What a fun family you are.... wish we could tag-along to Japan with you!
Stacey! This is Steph's little sister Ashley. I had NO idea about JAPAN! We have some friends here in Seattle that are going there too!! Their names are the Perrins! Keep an eye out for them. He is just graduating in June.
Get out of town... I just read that comment above- and we're totally sponsoring that Perrins! Haha, what are the odds? Your storm pictures totally look professional, almost like a painting. Those are some nasty looking clouds! Your boys are pretty much the cutest ever, Sydney asked me the other day if she could talk to them on the computer before you come out here :)
Crazy storm! And ditto, can you post your bread recipe?I don't enjoy sandwich bread either and don't really buy bread at all anymore and when I do it always goes bad before we eat it all. Please share!
Post a Comment