Mother's Day might be my new favorite holiday. I woke up and had a yummy breakfast that Justin made. We had cinnamon rolls, fruit and orange juice. My plate was surrounded by cards, flowers, and little homemade gifts. I think Justin gets more and more thoughtful with each holiday we are married. Then we went to church, and I led the primary kids in singing "Mother I Love You". They all sang so loud and were so excited to be up there. All except Jack. He said to me after the kids came down, "I didn't sing because I didn't want to be up there." Maybe next year. We came home and Justin also made a delicious dinner. He might be in trouble now that I know his cooking skills have moved beyond scrambled eggs and toast!
I feel extra gratitude this year to be a mom. These kids can make me a little crazy at times, but Justin and I have both been saying how much we have been enjoy them lately. I love seeing their individual personalities. I love seeing them grow and learn new things. I love their curiosity. I love being their mom. I love that when they are scared or hurt, they run to me to make things better. I love their cute faces. I love that Jack looks like Justin and the Heaton's and I love that Anderson looks more like me and the Brownell's. Being their mom has definitely been the hardest, yet most rewarding thing I have ever done. I'm so grateful for these little people. They really are a miracle. I'm so happy that they have each other and that Justin and I have them. I don't even want to imagine my life without them. I feel like moving around has made us grow closer together as a family, and I'm sure moving across the globe will be no different. We really are each other's best friends.
Justin helped the boys make these. He said they were not happy when he started painting their hands. Our kids were never known to enjoy being dirty.
I LOVE the poem that he put on here. I'm not sure who it's by, but I thought it was perfect for today. I already feel like they are growing up way too fast. Sometimes I wish I could just make them freeze exactly how they are now.
I LOVE the poem that he put on here. I'm not sure who it's by, but I thought it was perfect for today. I already feel like they are growing up way too fast. Sometimes I wish I could just make them freeze exactly how they are now.
Jack has been extra excited about Mother's Day this year. He picked these "flowers" for me in our back yard. :) He was sad though that there is a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, but no Kid's Day. He kept saying, "But when is Kid's Day?" He felt a little ripped off!
I love these boys. I can't say it enough. I really just want to cry when I think about how blessed I am to have them. I hope they feel the same about me as their Mom. I know my own mom is one of the greatest people I know. It's amazing the influence that mothers have. I have a great respect for my mom. Especially now that I have two kids of my own. How did she do it with five?? She was amazing, and still is! Hopefully I have some of her greatness running through my veins.




8 comments:
What a darling post! I'm so glad it was such a great day. You are such a wonderful mom, and have such a darling family!
Cute. Cute. Cute. You are a great mom Stacey! Mommy-hood really is the best, isn't it?! I love to hear how much you love and appreciate the blessing the be a mother, we are lucky ladies to have our boys!
What a cute post Stace. Those two boys really are a miracle! I'm so happy you have them! Both of them can't get any cuter and you are a beautiful mom. Love you all!:)
What adorable pictures and such a sweet post. You are an amazing mom and those boys are SO lucky to have you! Thanks for being an example to me!! :)
I was the 1st post the day it came up. I don't know where it went. So frustrating because I had a great comment, now I can't remember what I said. Just that I am glad you had a great day and that the boys are so dang cute. Can't wait to see them (and you guys) this summer. You are an amazing mom and the boys are so lucky you are their mom. They look so handsome in their cute ties. It was fun to talk to them on Sunday too. Love you all.
cute post . .cute family! motherhood really gains a deeper meaning each and EVERY year!! and i'm pretty sure kids day is everyday :) cute jack! you are such a cute mommy stace i'm glad it was such a wonderful day!
p.s. i had to pin that little poem! ahhh too cute
~whit
So glad you were treated like a princess on Mother's Day! Your boys are so adorable... love those pictures! :)
Nice blog yyou have
Post a Comment