Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So long Cleveland...

On Monday morning we pulled off of Cottage Grove and out of Cleveland for the last time. It was a bitter sweet feeling. We were so excited to be done with dental school, excited to be making a little money now, excited to be moving to the South with warm weather and no snow, and excited for a new adventure. But having spent the last four years here, there are so many things that we will miss. Patterson Fruit Farm, Kirtland, Chagrin Falls, B Spot, Dewey's Pizza, fall leaves, Indian's games, all of the great parks, and mostly...the people. We have made so many wonderful friends and have been influenced by so many great people.
 Patricia Jennings will always have a special place in our hearts. She has been a dear friend, and LOVES our boys. She always brings a new toy car, candy or some sort of surprise almost every time we see her. We stopped by her house on our way out of the Cleve.


 Myrtle Alexander. 
She was always inviting us over for dinner and made sure we were prepared for the South with some good ol' fashioned fried chicken. :)

 Elizabeth Dinkins (middle) was my visiting teaching companion. We visited Emily Hurst (left) and she was always making sure we were taking care of our babies right.

 I LOVE the houses in Cleveland. The style, character and charm are unforgettable. These are a few of my favorites. If my future house that I buy in 6 years from now could look like any of these, I would be so happy!



 There are also beautiful churches everywhere! This one is right by our house. You can't see the whole thing, but I love this building.

 Our neighbors.
We had the best neighbors! I told the guys that I wouldn't show their matching plaid pj's but I couldn't resist! Heather and Mark were so great and have helped us in so many ways. I don't know what I will do with out them across the street from us. 
 There was never a dull moment on Cottage Grove. From barking dogs, to some interesting residents. We were glad we could experience it with them!
 I'm going to miss the trees. Our street has some amazing trees! Especially in the spring and fall. These pictures were taken right before we left for New York.

 This one was after we came back. All of the blossoms were gone, but I love the green leaves just as much. Ohio is so green and beautiful.

 Our little house has come a long way since we have lived there. We will miss it. I don't think I will miss my terrible kitchen counter tops, appliances, and floor. Or having one bathroom. Or not having an attached garage. Or going down in my spider web basement to do laundry. Or not having air conditioning. Or having TINY closets! But I will miss my red door, my glass door knobs, all the space, and it's character. Plus the fact that both my boys have spent their lives there. Jack was 6 wks old when we moved in. I have a picture that I will have to find of us on our front steps when we moved in. I can't believe it has been 4 years!!
So long Cleveland....we will miss you!!

8 comments:

The Mortensens said...

So sad, and yet such a fun exciting time in life. We miss Cleveland WAY more than we ever thought we would!! :) Just like you said, you miss it because of the amazing people that you were able to get to know. It really is a great place!

Nat said...

I totally understand the bittersweet feeling, but we're so excited for you and your new adventure! You guys are so beautiful! We love you! Good luck - and please keep us posted on when you'll be in town this summer. We're counting on seeing you! :-)

Jessica said...

I'm sad that we never came and visited you! I think moving with little ones is hard because you feel like you're leaving behind a piece of you life, but the memories will be forever. You are such a fun and exciting little family, you'll love your new home just as much.
Check out the Easter egg hunt video on my blog and see if you can guess the mystery voice! ;)

Jessica said...

It's Mrs. Byington from beauty school! How does that voice not send chills up your spine?! LOL! We better hang out LOTS while you're here! We just finished up setting up our new trampoline if your boys want to come play! We should get a bunch of us together & have a BBQ. I'm sure you have tons on your plate already. Text or call me when you're free! I really need to meet Anderson! Our boys will be best friends!

The Heaton's said...

Those are beautiful photos of houses in Cleveland, who took those!? :)

Ashley Robinson said...

Holy cow I can't believe it's been that long! I still remember the days when we were sitting in Reflections talking about the future and how we were going to be husbandless and single moms!! Ha ha! Tell Justin congrats! That is so exciting! I miss u guys! R u coming to Idaho anytime soon? Give me a call if u are! Ha ha and I love what Jessica wrote about mrs. Byington....it's did give me a few dry heaves! Ha ha

Lisa said...

Great post. We miss you.

Cathy said...

Loved seeing where you were and can't believe those four years are over! I remember when you were engaged! I love that part of the country and miss it but new adventures are always exciting! You'll do great wherever...