
The month of December has been exciting, stressful, and fun all at the same time. We have had a whirl wind of things involving Justin's school, and board exams, and finding out where we are going. And then we throw Christmas somewhere in the middle. We managed to find a few spare moments in our schedule to pull out the Christmas decorations. Jack was more than excited and LOVED decorating the tree. You can see his good work with all of the ornaments that he hung at the very bottom.


We hung up our stockings and got everything all ready for Santa to visit us. Jack has made it very clear that his stocking is the one with the red reindeer on it.


My awesome advent calendar from my good friend, Sarah.

We are definitely having a white Christmas this year. It has snowed multiple times already and one day I walked outside and it was up to the top of my boots. Jack of course loves it and is always begging Justin to be able to go out and shovel, make snow angels and throw snowballs at each other.


Even Anderson likes to see the flakes falling down. When he sees it snowing, or when he sees any Christmas lights, he lets out a big, "Wow!!"

I tried to get a picture of the boys in front of the tree, but Anderson was not cooperating.




We went to our ward Christmas dinner. The primary sang a couple songs for us. Even though Jack isn't in primary yet, and didn't know the songs, he really wanted to go up there and sing. His friend Jackson, in the orange, was saying to his dad, "Jack Heaton isn't even in our class!"

We were watching Spencer and Suzy's little girl that night so we took her to the party. After dinner, all the kids were able to see Santa. Sydney was super excited about it until it was our turn. She totally freaked out! This picture does not do it justice. I felt so bad! But then when we put her down and her turn was over, she was totally fine and says, "Santa gave me a sucker!"

Jack was sure to tell Santa that he wanted him to bring him binoculars for Christmas.


For family night on Monday, we decorated gingerbread houses. Jack went a little crazy on the sprinkles. They were everywhere! Oh well. He had fun. Anderson has a double ear infection and has not been enjoying the festivities so much. I feel like I have no pictures of him being cute and happy from this week which is when we have done everything since Justin has been stuck studying all month. Hopefully he will be feeling better by Christmas Eve! (tomorrow!)


We put our houses on display!
Mine is on the left, Jack's is in the middle and Justin's is on the right. His roof caved in early so he resulted to a flat roof. :)

Jack has found a perfect spot to sit and watch the snow fall.

Today Jack and I went to a story time at the library. They read books about snow, danced to songs, and made a craft. The only part I did was cut out the circles for the snowman and put the glue on for him. I thought he did such a good job! I was so surprised when he put all the buttons in just the right spot, drew his mouth, got his nose on right, and drew his arms. He is getting way too big!
2 comments:
I love your Christmas decorations! And all the fun Christmas activities. Glad things are going well!
I hope Jack isn't sick of Toy Story 3 since he got it from us. I guess it is his own copy, so hopefully he will still love it. I can't believe how big the boys are getting. Anderson feeding himself and Jack drawing on his snowman. That is way cute. I love the gingerbread houses too. Looks like you got a ton of snow and sounds like you will be getting more this week. It was so fun to talk to you all and we love you.
Post a Comment