So if you thought Cleveland, Ohio was a random place to live.... we are now moving to the Mississippi Gulf Coast!!!
We will be there for one year where Justin will be doing an AEGD residency at the Keesler Air Force Base. He is very excited about the program and we are lucky to get a spot.
When Justin told me I thought he was making it up because we have been joking for a couple weeks now that we are going to end up somewhere totally random, like Mississippi!! It is very ironic that we are actually going there. I had made a joke about going to Mississippi not even 24 hrs before we found out. Maybe Heavenly Father was trying to mentally prepare me. :) I asked Jack this morning if he remembered where we were moving to. He said to our new house in Mrs. Kaiser. Mrs. Kaiser is his preschool teacher! He was also asking us if "Mrs. Sippi" has a big sand box we can play in. I tried to explain that Mississippi is a place, and it's not "Mrs. Sippi's" house that we are moving to. He was really funny about it.

This is a picture of Keesler AFB. The town where it is and the base itself had some major damage from hurricane Katrina, so hopefully they have made some progress in rebuilding things. We are hoping to go down there during Justin's spring break to check things out since we know NOTHING about the south! The only thing I know is that it is right on the beach, which I am super excited about. And it is about 2.5 hours away from Destin, FL which is a beautiful beach and resort town we have been wanting to visit. I checked the weather there yesterday and it was sunny and 70 degrees. Slightly different from Cleveland's 20 degrees and snow! It looks like we are turning in our snow boots for flip flops, and for that, we are excited!

It will definitely be a new adventure. I think we will have lived in the two most random places in the country after this. It will only be a year though, and then we will be stationed somewhere else for our three year payback from Justin's HPSP scholarship. It will definitely be fun though to see another part of the country. Since we have lived in Ohio we have driven and seen so many places that I never thought we would be able to. We have put a million miles on our car doing it, but we have been grateful for the opportunity. We love Ohio, we will miss it, but we are SO excited to be out of dental school and moving on!!
Justin is taking his boards part II today and tomorrow. There are a lot of hurdles he has to get over between now and graduation in May, but this is a major one. I am anxious for him to have it over with so we can maybe try and celebrate Christmas for the 2 days that will be left of it! It has been a stressful time for all of us, but knowing that Justin was able to get a residency spot and knowing where we will be next year makes it a little more bearable.
So, the countdown is on! Mississippi... here we come!
(that is so weird to think about!!)
9 comments:
Wow! I never thought I'd see that you were going to MS! My dad was born and raised in Jackson and I was born there too. I've spent many a Summer trip in Mississippi, so it's dear to my heart. I'm sure you'll develop a love of collard greens and black eyed peas!
Yay for new adventures!! It looks awesome. I'm so excited for you guys!
Congratulations, you will have a great time.
ummm, i remember you making th ejoke about going to Mississippi the last time i saw you :) that is too funny! i am a little jealous that you get to explore a new part of the country.... Ohio has been so fun for that. you and the Mecham's will get to ENJOY the sunshine year round- your reward for surviving cleveland's winters. CONGRATS to justin on placing! good luck with boards!
We are both headed to beach weather- wohoo! We are gonna miss you guys a ton! And congrats to Justin for being done with boards. I know that is a good feeling for the whole family :)
we were really hoping for you guys to get a little closer west :(. i know guys will love it there! you always have such a positive attitude about every thing. yahoo, for you guys to see more sights. we will be rooting for your next relocation to be a little closer! we love you guys and miss you. Merry Christmas!
Congrats on Justin finishing dental school! I bet that feels AMAZING (for you BOTH)! Being from Baton Rouge, I know the south and the people there are amazing! They will all welcome you with open arms! Don't count on any GORGEOUS beaches though until you hit Destin area but Destin is FABULOUS! Congrats...although get ready for culture shock! ;)
Congrats! That's awesome that you guys found out where you are going finally. What a difference it will be living there. That is so exciting!
Mississippi! Wow! What an adventure. Congratulations on it all. We're happy and excited for you. Good luck!
Congrats! That is random, but you guys will have so many fun adventures there just like you did in Cleveland! :)
Post a Comment