Wow! The time has flown by, and our little Jack is 3 years old. It seems crazy that he was just 6 weeks when we started our trek across the country to move to Cleveland. He has grown into a little boy and I am so happy to have him in our family. He definitely makes things more interesting and keeps us on our toes. :)
He has a strong personality but also has a great big heart. He loves to be with his "flamily" (as he calls it) and when he is in the mood, makes for a very good snuggle partner. He is a great big brother and is always willing to help me with Anderson. He is always telling Anderson that he loves him and talking about how cute his brother is. He is very friendly and will talk and make friends with ANYONE at the park, or swimming pool, or wherever we go. He loves to sing and will sing songs or make up one, while he is going throughout his day. Wolfy is still the favorite. I hope he is the favorite for a long time.
He is still a great eater and will eat things if we tell him it will make him strong like Batman, and then proceeds to show off his "HUGE" muscles! He loves to come in our bed in the morning and play "I spy" out the window. We have been going to the pool this summer and this is the first year that he has LOVED the water. He has been so brave and is even enjoying the deep pool. Last year, we would leave the pool and his hair would still be dry. He still loves movies and his favorites right now are Toy Story 1 & 2, Up, and Mickey's Christmas. (Yes, we watch Christmas movies year round...and I secretly like it). He loves to play sports and his favorites are soccer and baseball. He will be playing soccer in the fall for the first time.
He loves to play pretend, catch toy bugs, play with cars, but would prefer to play outside all day. (If only we had a yard for him to play in!!) He does not like to be without clothes (which is good!), does not like it when we ask him to go to the bathroom, and does not like to be dirty. He is getting so big and we LOVE to see his personality continue to come out.
Here are some of our favorite quotes from him lately:
"So....what did you guys do today?"
(He says this almost every day, and mostly at the dinner table).
"Look it Mom....Daddy is nuts!"
(Not sure where he learned that.)
"Happy Father's Day! When I love you, Happy Father's Day, when I give you a kiss, I love you!"
(This is what he told us that he "wrote" in Justin's Father's Day card.)
"Oh."
(Whenever we explain anything to him, this is his response.)
"Ugghh.....what is your deal!?"
(He was frustrated with Justin. He is totally quoting him. This is something he would say to Jack when he is being a stinker.)
"Say...Jack Heaton!"
(He will say this to Anderson regularly.)
"Be careful with that toy Mom/Dad. It's really expensive."
(We don't own anything that's expensive.)
"Are you all done being a dentist? Are you all done with your test? Did you fix people's teeth?"
(These are the regular questions Jack will ask Justin when he gets home from school.)
Jack is a little sassy, but we sure love him and think he is so stinking cute. That little face of his just makes me melt.
Happy Birthday Jack!!
We love you
Pictures taken by the one and only Angie Penrose. :)
10 comments:
Those pictures of him are THE CUTEST! Such a serious, sweet face, and his eyes look incredible. You're sis is super talented.
Okay, I know this is so random, but where do you get your cupcake holder for Jack's birthday? It's so much classy that the ones I've found. He is so so so adorable... oh my and what a heart throb ;) Love you both and miss you too!!
He's so dang cute. I'm going to miss his sweet little face and his social nature! :) I wish we could watch him grow up even more :(
Happy Birthday Jack, you are one of our favorites!
I love all of these pictures. What a cute guy and 3 years old. That went fast. He does have a fun and very sweet personality. I love how he just makes up songs. It's so fun. I am so glad to be his Grandma. Love- Grandma Brownell
Oh my goodness! Can you believe our little ones are 3!!!! Crazy. Okay. I love your red door and your colorful flower planters and the chair with a pot in it.....did you do that?. I love it! I can tell that you love decorating and you're so good at it. I love decorating too! I love it when you have pictures of your house because it's so cute. Your so lucky, your house has such great character with the wood floors and molding! I'm so jealous you and Kara got together. I would love to see you guys.... We should all try to get together soon. Anyway, I went private last week and still need to email everyone!
those are the cutest photos ever. Angie does awesome. I need a couple new ones. Did she do more with Jack and Anderson together. I will have to look at them in July. It really doesn't seem like he could be 3 already. Love the questions he asks Justin and his songs are a riot!!! Love you guys. mom
How cute! Happy Birthday!
cute jack! 3 already? time flies. isn't it hillarious how these little kiddos pick up on phrases we say! i love the update on what jack does, cute idea.
I loved reading all of the hilarious things that Jack is saying! I can't believe he's 3 either. I remember when he was born. Has it really been 3 years?! Time sure flies. :)
Such a cute little guy! You are so lucky to have him and he is just as lucky to have you too as parents. It was so good to see you but I miss you already! Give Jack a BIG hug from us!!
Post a Comment