We were lucky enough to spend Easter this year In Washington DC with Scott and Denisse. We also were able to spend Easter day with Shane and Holly watching conference and eating SUPER YUMMY food and we didn't take a single picture with them or their cute little guy Preston!! Oh well...next time Holly. :)
The weather was gorgeous and it just happened to fall in the middle of the Cherry Blossom Festival. There were so many people there but it was worth fighting the crowds. The trees were so beautiful!!
Justin and Scott

Denisse and I were making fun of this girl who was posing in front of the tulips. :) Haha!! We were laughing so hard. I love to people watch and there were plenty of people to see!
We walked through the Arlington Cemetery, which was our first time. It is a very peaceful place. It is mazing how many graves are there. I could not believe it. It just went on and on and on.
Brielle wanted to hold hands and pretend she was a statue. She is silly :)

We walked up to the Arlington House at the very top of the cemetery. It has an amazing view of the entire city.
The Jefferson behind us.
These are a little out of order and I'm too tired to fix them :)

Holding hands again. These kids are so fun together.



Cutie Pie Anderson

On Easter we had a little egg hunt for the kids to do. They LOVED finding all the eggs and especially eating the candy inside. I love Brielle's face in this picture!! Haha..

Brielle kept wanting to hug Jack and I'm sure you can see how excited Jack was about it... what a little stink! Love the double chin as well.

Braden got a little bubble gun in his Easter basket and the kids were having a blast with it! So easily entertained.
A month or so before Easter, I won tickets to the White House Easter Egg Roll in an online lottery. We had a blast and it was really fun to be so close to the White House. It was SO HOT that day though!!! 90 degrees. We ended up peeling off all of Anderson's clothes except his onsie, and the rest of us melted. It was very warm, but just coming out of winter, we were glad to feel the heat.


It is crazy how many people they let in for this event. 15,000 people the first half of the day and another 15,000 the second half. It was so crowded!!! I think they let too many people in and it could have been more enjoyable with less people but we were still happy to be there.

Jack's favorite part was the little sports area they had set up. The theme was "Ready, Set, Go!" from Michelle Obama's fight to cure childhood obesity so there were lots of sports activities and lots of fruit for everyone to eat.


He LOVED the penguin from Madagascar.

The Easter Bunny!!!
And of course we also saw......
The Obama family!
It was so fun to be so close to the president. We have never had the chance to get so close and probably never will again. The girl in front of me shook President Obama's hand right after I took this picture. Darn it! So close...

President Obama read Green Eggs and Ham and Justin was able to get right in the front to see it.

Also there was the cast of Glee, J.K. Rawling, Reese Witherspoon, and Justin Bieber (had no clue who he was) all of whom we did not see, and we were so sad!! Especially Reese Witherspoon. She is my favorite!!! A girl from the cast of Glee did sing the National Anthem though and she was amazing. Overall it was a really neat experience that we were so happy to have shared together.
Thank you Scott and Denisse for hosting us once again! You guys are GREAT!!!!
11 comments:
Looks like you guys had an awesome trip! What a special day at the White House too! Love seeing all your pictures, your family is seriously so darn cute. And you look amazing too :)
The trees are so pretty! What a great Easter weekend. I think Anderson looks like you more and more! You have a beautiful family!
What a cool trip! I almost feel like I was there looking at your pictures :) And how could you not know who Justin Bieber is?? haha. Just kidding. Glad you guys had so much fun.
it looks like such a fun trip! the cherry blossoms are beautiful! what a neat experience for you guys to be picked for the Egg Hunt! All the pictures are so cute! i love that brielle, braden and jack have gotten to be such great little buddies! you guys have had so many awesome travel opportunities since you've been in Cleveland, i am super jealous.
the stephanie comment was from me, stephanie heaton... not to be confussed with the other 400 stephanies' in your lives :)
What a great time of year to go! I LOvE DC!
DC looks soooo purrty in the spring. I hope to go sometime while we are living here. And that is so awesome you got to go the White House Easter Egg hunt!
Seriously, you guys do the funnest stuff!!! The Easter Egg hunt looks amazing. And those trees are breathtaking!
Your little guys in their church outfits are absolutely adorable!
It was so nice to see you guys! Glad you guys had a good time!
P.S. I can't believe you just put those embarrassing pictures of me!!! I look like such a dork! ha ha ha ha!!!!:) It's okay I forgive you for not putting the ones of you too on here!!!:) We both look pretty dorky don't we? ha ha! fun times!:)
oh my gosh, anderson is SOOOOOOO cute!!!
Post a Comment