Thursday, August 27, 2009

I LOVE Washington!!



Here is a very LONG recap of things we did besides the wedding...
Even after being in Washington for so long, it seems the time flew by extra fast!! Thankfully we were able to do most of the things I wanted to do while we were there. We went up to Mt. Rainier for family night and had a picnic. It would have been perfect except there were a million bugs attacking us! It made us cut our trip a little short, but it is always fun to be up in the mountains. That is one thing I miss in Ohio. There are no mountains, just hills.
Mt. Rainier in the background. It is amazingly beautiful there.


It's harder than it looks to jump when you're 8 months pregnant!! Maybe I should have lifted up my legs like Angie and it would look like I jumped higher.

Us being our normal weirdee selves! :) Mom...you jumped too late! Hee hee! Really though...this is my family. We are all so silly and I love it!!

Whitney enjoying our traditional drink... Capri Suns.
I love being in the mountains!!




Jack had SO much fun playing at my mom and dad's house. He was non-stop running around and enjoying every second. One day he was having fun in a laundry basket and fell out of it onto their brick fireplace. It was a pretty nasty cut. In all the life of that super dangerous brick fireplace, Riley and Jack are the only ones to get hurt on it! I have no idea how that is possible.
He felt much better after a band-aid, some chips and a drink. :)



We were also able to go to the Ballard Locks. It is just north of Seattle where the boats go from the salt water of the Puget Sound, to the fresh water of Lake Union and Lake Washington.
All the boys checking out the Seattle police boat.
A perfect day in Seattle...

Tanner, Mckay, Riley, Jack
Down at the fish ladder. All of these boys look way too old in this picture!!

After the locks we went straight to the beach! It was cold water, but so fun to sit on the sand and watch all the sail boats go by.


"Uh-oh! Mom! Help me!! I have seaweed on my foot!!!"
Jack, and Tanner, were not a fan of the seaweed. :)


Erica invited us to go the the Point Defiance Zoo. It was the perfect day to go...not too hot.
They have a bird exhibit where you take a popsicle stick with food on the end and all the birds come and land right on your stick and eat off of it!! It was our favorite part of the day by far.
Jack was a little unsure about having the bird on his stick. After it sat and ate for a minute, Jack shook his stick while the bird was holding on strong to try and get it off. It was hilarious to see the bird flop back and forth while holding on for dear life!


Riley had those binoculars through the whole zoo making sure he didn't miss anything. :)


We even got to ride the carousel...twice. The first time was fun, the second time, Whitney, Angie and I were all sick! The boys though, of course...loved it.


Tyson Gamblin got married and it was fun to see so many people I grew up with at the reception. Here are my two favorite girls in front of the Gamblin's beautiful view of Enumclaw and the mountains. It was a little cloudy that night but it was still very pretty.

My dad and Jack dancing at the reception. Jack was LOVING it! He did not want to stop dancing. It was so cute! I think that's the first time I've ever seen my dad dance as well. He's been doing a lot of things I've never seen him do before. :) He wears shorts now for heaven's sakes! I never thought I would see the day. Who is this guy?! I kind of like it! :)


Here is Jack jumping on the Champ's trampoline. Jack is in love with Jared and Shelby so it was fun to go over to their house a couple times and take advantage of the trampoline.
I feel bad taking Jack back to our house in the city where we have no back yard, no tramp, no cousins, no mountains, no favorite babysitters like Jared and Shelby, etc. etc. We had SO MUCH FUN but we also missed Justin way too much! It is so nice to be back with him. I don't like to be a single mom!!

Thank you Mom and Dad for letting us stay so long! I'm sure you are ready to have your house back. Thank you Angie and Will for helping me with Jack so much and letting him hang out at your house as well.

We miss you guys! Now it is your turn to come here! 5 weeks left!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had soooo much fun with you guys. It was great to see Jack's fun personality. He kept us entertained, that's for sure. We are still quoting him in everything we say and do. Thanks for coming. We loved it. We are very excited to come in October. I can't wait to go to the Amish Zoo and especially to see that cute little brother. Thanks Agin. Love Ya tons!!! Mom and Dad

Kelly Munns said...

i love that picture of your dad and jack dancing! jack is totally gettin into it. hilarious. and i love that he's wearing his flip flops. his little feet are so cute and tan and even a little chubby! i wish isaac was still chubby. i have to squeeze that turkey's cheeks to get any chub out of him!

again, i'm so sorry it didn't work out for us to come see you. i wish derik's brother and his wife just stayed in bonney lake instead of heading to the beach. it would have made it a lot easier to see you guys! oh well, one day...

The Heaton's said...

i bet it was a fun relaxing vacation for you because you had plenty of time to do everything you wanted, instead of packing 100 things into a short 1 week visit!
the pictures of everyone jumping is my favorite. i am pretty sure if i had jumped at 8 months pregnant upon landing connor would have slipped out! (hhmm not a bad idea, i might have to remember that for next time). the birds are so cute on the sticks! all the pictures are so cute.
despite all the fun you had, i am sure you're glad to be home. now tell that little one to hurry up and come out! (try jumping some more.)

*JSJJ Long* said...

Such cute pics Stace! It's good to see you and keep up on all that's going on in your life...Jack is just adorable and I'm sure new baby boy will be as well!! Good luck in the next 5 weeks! Can you believe that you're almost there...a mother of two boys? Wow! Love the pic of you, Steph and Andria too - I miss you girls!! Good luck w/ everything! Keep the updates coming! Does baby have a name yet?

Denisse said...

What a fun trip Stace! Your dad's face on the picture of you guys jumping is awesome!!!!!:) You guys sure look like you are having fun!

And, you seriously DON'T even look pregnant on that picture of you and Jack holding the bird!!!

We miss you and it feels like forever since we last saw each other...hopefully we'll get to hang out again soon! Justin mentioned Thanksgiving the other day...but I'm wondering with a newborn how YOU will be feeling about that??? :) Hopefully it won't be until next year when we see each other again!!