Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fun in Washington

We made it to Washington! We have been having too much fun. We have been to Seattle a couple times. First, we went to the Crab Pot for dinner...YUMMY!! It is one of my all time favorite places to eat. My camera battery was dead though so I didn't get any pictures. The second time we went, we took Whitney's friend Gretchen to see Pike's Place Market and we went and fed the seagulls again outside of Ivar's on the water. If you hold up a french fry, they just come and take it right out of your hand! It is hilarious and a little bit scary. :) We were laughing pretty hard, as you can see from the top picture!
I get so nervous waiting for them to come and get it!!!



We even made my mom do it :)




We went out to the McComb's house for gyoza night. They are super yummy, if you've never had them. Even Jack ate a couple of them. It was fun to go out and meet Kelli's family. They are so nice and super inviting. I am so happy I have been able to spend a little more time getting to know Kelli (my brother's fiance) and her family as well. It is hard being in Cleveland and missing out on everything!
Getting the gyozas ready
My cutie pie nephews, Riley and Tanner out at Kelli's.


Jack had found some balloons from Kelli's last bridal shower and thought it would be fun to jump off the couch onto the Luv Sac with the balloons on top. It entertained him forever! The best part was watching him bounce off the balloons! :) This kid will jump off of anything! I have a hard time keeping him off of people's furniture.

Either Scott's feet grew or his shoes shrunk! :) Hee hee...those are Jack's.

It has been so fun to be here, even though we are missing Justin a TON!!! We have been able to talk to him on the phone everyday, which helps a lot. I can't wait until he gets here. He said he is so glad that he went again and has been loving every second of it. Last night when I talked to him, him and Damion were staying at this awesome resort on Lake Atitlan which is up in the mountains. Their room looks straight out to the lake which is surrounded by volcanos...sounds rough, doesn't it? :) If you want to see the hotel go to fiveleafresort.com . Click on the english button and then go to the galleries. It is a brand new hotel and they were loving life. They went hiking all through the mountains and laid in hammocks at the top. I am so glad he is having so much fun! He is heading back to Cleveland on Saturday.

Jack has been in heaven here at my mom and dad's. He plays outside everyday and has been entertained by all the cousins. I will feel bad taking him back to our house with no yard and no cousins to play with. At least we have been able to be here for so long.

The countdown is on for when I get to see Justin and for the wedding...2 weeks!

6 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Washington has been giving you such good weather too! We live a little south of Tacoma, by the way. I have been to the Crab Pot before too! It was definitely an experience!

Jessica said...

How fun! I had to google "gyoza" sounds tasty!
The longest David & I have been apart is 2 nights, I can't imagine any longer! I'm sure Justin is having a great experience though.
And be grateful that Jack has any cousins at all, because we're jealous! Maybe our kids could be unofficial cousins...

idaho grandma said...

I will be so glad when Justin gets home too!! Wish we could see you all. You are so close...yet so far. Justin said he would call us too when he gets home, then I can breathe easier. At least if you have to be apart, you can be with family. Love the nose dive with Jack on the luv sac. Did that cure him? I can't remember if I told you I picked up Jack's photos. Thanks so much. They didn't even question them. Thanks for paying for them...I think that is the secret then I don't have to have the release form from Angie to pick them up. Love the picture. I have it on my fridge already. I should hear on the cross stitch pattern this week. It was supposed to be in the store by Thursday (yesterday), so Teri should be calling me soon. I am planning on stitching it on cream like we talked. I can't wait to get started on it!! Talk to you soon. Love you all.

Spencer & Suzy said...

Hahahaha- that picture of you holding up the french fry cracked me up! Glad you guys are having so much fun. We sure miss you here in Cleveland :)

Jensen said...

Sounds like you guys are having TONS of fun! Nathanial keeps asking when he will see Jack again. Hope you guys travel safely.

Kat said...

You are getting me all excited to go see my family. Glad you are having fun.