Justin's mom was able to come and stay with us for the past two weeks. We had so much fun with her and were sad to see her leave!!! She came, crossing her fingers that she would be eligible for corrective eye surgery, which thankfully she was able to get. Everything went well and she is glad to have it behind her!We crammed in a lot of fun stuff while still finding some time to relax.
We went to a bronze statue exhibit depicting the life of Christ at the visitor's center in Kirtland. It was beautiful. It will be here through May and we are definitely going back. We are so lucky to have Kirtland so close to us!! We also made a stop at the Kirtland temple to snap a picture of Flat Stanley for the Well's kids to see!! Stanley didn't like getting out of the car and taking a picture in 10 degree weather though!!
We went to the Rainforest, an indoor exhibit at the zoo. I wanted to get a picture of Jack in front of this huge monkey, and this was the best I got...nice. :)
We went to the Children's Museum. The water and the sand were Jack's favorite parts. It is fun to see his little brain go to work with all the new toys. I also love to see his reaction around other kids. It makes me laugh.
We also went to the Great Lakes Science Center. It was so cute! Very clean, and a ton of stuff to do. This ball pit was Jack's favorite. I think he played in it for over an hour! I'm sure we will be getting a yearly pass here. It was so nice to get out with the cold weather and have so much fun!We played Ticket to Ride almost every night, had Family Home Evening by candle light after the power went out, ate lots of yummy Super Bowl food, Denise got her teeth cleaned by Justin, and endured a lot of snow and FREEZING cold weather! We had a blast! Thanks for coming Denise! It is so nice to have family come out here. Jack has already asked for you a few times today. We miss you already!!


7 comments:
It looks like you had so fun! I know who we need to come visit soon. You have a lot of cool places so close to you.
That cream cheese braid looks so yummy. Can you send the recipe my way? eclinger@yahoo.com
I just got a Flat Stanley in the mail from my niece today!
Sounds like your mother-in-law had a fun and eventful trip! That's awesome you guys are so close to so many fun excursions and church sites.
P.S. I love your new picture!
Wow! What an awesome early birthday present! Happy Birthday in 7 days! :)
Yummy! I think you need to post that recipe on your blog! What a fun visit. It is so nice to have family come out here. It looks like you guys got to do a lot of fun stuff!
How fun! I love it when family comes to visit.
Aaawww...that is so nice that Denise was able to spend some time with you guys! Grandmas are the best! I love it that my kids can see their grandma everyday and learn from her and feel loved! So glad you guys had a fun time and that Denise was able to get her eyes fixed!
Post a Comment