Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!


I LOVE this time of year!! I feel like I start anticipating Christmas
in July! We've been able to do a few things to get ready for the Christmas holiday, despite Justin being M.I.A. right now due to boards.

I made this wreath at our enrichment, and totally love it on my red door!


Sarah dropped by this super cute Christmas calendar!! It was a small price I had to pay for so much in return... I am in love with it! She is the most creative and talented friend I have. If you want to visit her blog and find the link to her Etsy shop, click HERE. This is only a sample of all of the cute things she has made.

Last night we went to the Lake Metroparks Farm Park, in Kirtland. We took a wagon ride through a display of lights, and we also got to see Santa!

Waiting for the horse-drawn wagon.

The excitement!

We tried about 50 times to get a cute picture of us and Jack (actually looking) and we failed. This was the best option.

Jack and I had been talking about seeing Santa ALL day and when the moment finally arrived...
...meltdown! Jack had a death grip on Justin's sweater as he was trying to put him on Santa's lap. He was so sad!! I was laughing to myself while we were waiting in line because it seems like all the parents want to get their child's picture taken with Santa and 9 times out of 10, this is the reaction you get out of the kids. Why do we torture them so??

The second Justin picked him back up, Jack turns to Santa and happily says "Bye, bye Santa!"

Figures. :)

16 comments:

Ashley Robinson said...

How fun...I have a feeling that Peyton is still going to be afraid of santa this year too. Last year didn't go well and I can just see the anxiety coming again! ha ha when are you guys comin' here?

Hurst Family said...

I remember being afraid of Santa - I still am. :)
The trip went wonderfully! It was so great to see my family - my dad looks likes he's been through the war though... The song went as well as it could, I think. I was really nervous, but I had a lot of people say I did a great job. It was worth it in the end.

Jessica said...

Santa's not so great when he's not putting presents under the tree. And I'm sure your house is adorable with all your Christmas decorations. You're so cute!
BTW check out my post about the 12 days of Christmas, if you haven't already. I'd really love some extra help!

Sherwoods said...

SO true, i think we have so many pictures as kids with santa and at least one of us looks terrified. But for some reason you just have to get that picture. Love your door!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Haha! That is too funny. But, maybe it was good dry run for when you come here. Maybe he won't be as scared. He is such a cutie. Hayden is counting down the days until he gets to play with his friend Jack.

Kellie said...

Your wreath looks awesome! We took Megan and Jeremy to see Santa today and Megan wouldn't talk to him. She also wouldn't stop hugging him, so I'm not sure what was going on in her little head. Jeremy was too scared and wouldn't see him, not even with the promise of a lollipop.

Summer said...

I am surprised that I'm feeling a little sad missing the Cleveland Christmas things like Enrichment wreaths and the lights a Lake Farmparks! What a cute countdown that Sarah made for you! She is so talented!

Sarah Stout said...

Poor Santa! So many of the cutest, smallest kids are afraid of him! I love that calendar from your friend's ETSY shop. It's adorable! And nice wreath :)

Lane family said...

I love Jack's expressions! I think kid crying with Santa pictures are way better anyway. It makes me laugh that he said goodbye to him... he was probably just happy to get away. Cute boy!

TerriLyn said...

I love the wreath! And that Christmas Calendar is awesome! Jack has grown so much and has the coolest blonde hair!!! What a knock-out!

Kellen and Erin said...

Your red door is the perfect Christmas door! How fun. I've also been wondering why we torture our kids by sitting them on Santa's lap. It's really quite funny. We haven't gotten the chance to with Cole yet:)

The Heaton's said...

how fun! i would love to go on a wagon ride. jack is just too cute, his boots crack me up. poor jack, he really wasn't so sure about that santa, maybe it was all that crazy long fur on santas hat and coat! we can't wait to see you guys soon, good luck with your travels in a few days, and have fun with your family!!!

Denisse said...

Yay! you got your calendar you were telling me about...it is soooo cute!!!:) and your wreath on that red door looks AWESOME!!! I love it!

Jack is getting this older boy look now...no more baby face! it seems like he's grown a lot in just a couple of weeks!!! And that picture of him and Santa is definitely a classic...he looks terrified...poor little guy! I wonder why kids are so scared of Santa? He seems like a nice guy to me!:) I have yet to take my kids to see him...we shall see how it goes...:) Love you guys!:)

Ashley Robinson said...

That sounds great! The 29th will work for me as far as I know. I'll tell everyone. Tell Justin I'm not sure if Mitch will be here or not. He has been laid up with really bad back problems and so if he is he will be laying on the couch! He probably has to have surgery but we don't know yet. Anyway I would ;ove to have it here at my house! Your not inviting yourself! What time do you want to do it at? I am so excited to see you guys! Keep in touch and we'll figure out details for a lunch and time! Otherwise it'll be PB&J's! Peyton's fav!

paigernate said...

HEY GIRLIE! i found your blog "blog surfin" through some people in our ward... so i hope ya don't mind if i link to you so i can spy on your cute family :) your wreath looks REALLY good on your door. i actually drove by it (not remembering that is where you told me you lived)and thought it looked super, SUPER cute. then i had the thought it looked like the wreaths we made... and i put it all together and realized it was yours:) i am just a little slow :) did you head home yet?! i don't remember when you told me you were takin' off.... hope all is well :)

Chris said...

I love your red door. It's really great for every holiday....Valentine's, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas!! Every time I see it I wish I had it. So if you ever have your door stolen, there's a good chance it was me. Jack is getting so big. He and Brooklyn are so close in age I bet they are doing so many of the same cute little things every second of the day. Seriously I love being a mom and it has made Christmas so much fun! I am so excited for Christmas eve and opening gifts on Christmas day all because I know it will be a blast for Brooklyn. I know it's probably the same for you guys. We really do all need to get together some time next summer. I always love reading your blog. It's so fun to see what you're up to.